JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Michael Jackson Dies At 50

Da Brakes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Jackson is really hard 2 ready. It's hard 2 understand his motives because of the way he talks. He just seemed very disconnected and random during that interview. It's probably why he didn't stay in the industry. At the same time, he just lost his son.

Exactly my thoughts.

I understand that some people don't show any emotion yet still care a lot, and most likely his father falls in that category.

But some things seemed very ''cold'' to me during that interview...how he said ''the world lost one of the biggest superstars'' instead of ''I lost my son''.

I can understand that part but the thing that just scared me the most was how he tried to promote his record company...that's something people do to use an opportunity for themselves to gain something from it and it doesn't give you the impression of a person who cares a lot. This, plus MJ's remarks about his dad, really shows what type of person he is. I feel bad for MJ for not having a proper father. Sure, he might not have become this big, but he would've been much MUCH happier in life...and maybe less troubled.

I just saw this pic...there is another pic on the web. They were both taken on June 23...less than 3 hours b4 he passed. He looks incredibly happy and full of life. He looks totally youthful and in his prime in that pic and the other ones. Seeing those pix made me wonder for the 1st time if something weird really did go down with medication and exactly what his personal physician did. The pix prove some rumors wrong that the rescheduled dates were based off the fact that MJ had done nothing. Rumors said he didn't rehearse and that he didn't even hire backup dancers and that the whole thing was a set up 2 get money from those tickets 2 get him out of debt. The other pic from June 23rd shows him with a handful of backup dancers. The pix really hit. Just 2 see him so happy, full of youth, full of life, and putting on what just looks like an amazing show really just made me realize he was about 2 comeback in a big way. What really did happen between the rehearsal the night before and the call 2 911??

Jordan Chandler Admits He Lied About Michael Jackson

Jordan Chandler was the kid who accused Michael Jackson of impropriety and led to the lawsuit against the famous singer. Now that Michael Jackson has passed away, there is renewed interest in the case for Jordan Chandler and Evan Chandler.

Evan Chandler was the father of the boy who accused Michael Jackson that embroiled the now dead singer in one of his biggest criminal cases.

The two - Michael and Jordan - had become friends but Jordan’s father Evan did not approve of the friendship. Very soon, the case took a tabaloidesuqe turn when the kid, prompted by his father, accused Michael Jackson of having a unnatural relation with the kid.

Before you know it, the media and the law are hounding poor MJ. Now I don’t want to make it sound like MJ was all innocent. We will never know the truth it seems. Being a rich celebrity, it is very much possible that the kid’s family might have done it for the money, but who knows. Truth could be somewhere in between.

Anyhow, I have heard rumors on the net. Now that Michael Jackson is dead, Jordan Chandler is claiming that he basically cooked up the story to defame MJ and for the money.

I am not sure how much truth is there to it, but there are underground sites which are claiming that Jordan is asking for forgiveness and he is recanting the claims he made earlier about MJ being involved in a relationship with him.

Source:

http://www.techbanyan.com/4554/jordan-chandler-admits-lied-about-michael-jackson/

U know, i've been thinking about this. Those families that took MJ 2 court and destroyed his reputation have 2 obey gag orders, but i've been wondering if they would come out of the woodwork and admit 2 lying. None of us will ever know what happened, but i've always felt that they were lying and just trying 2 get money out of him. What if there is truth 2 that article? The world would realize just how wrong they were 2 believe some random family who filed a lawsuit against the most famous person in the world? It was those cases that derailed MJ's career and made his life miserable.

Anyways, in the wake of it all, here's another article ?uestioning the status of his kids from AOL News...

----------------------------

Reports Swirl on Paternity of Jackson Kids

PopEater

posted: 8 HOURS 52 MINUTES AGOcomments: 1044filed under: Gut Reactions, Music News, WTF?PrintShareText SizeAAASkip over this content

AP

Debbie Rowe may have given birth to Michael Jackson's oldest children, but TMZ is now reporting neither he NOR she are the biological parents. Citing "multiple sources deeply connected to the births," the site claims Michael Jr. and Paris were conceived in vitro, outside the womb, and that Michael was not the sperm donor. Also, Rowe's eggs were not used and she was quite simply a paid surrogate.

Meanwhile, Us Weekly is reporting that the biological father of Prince and Paris is Jackson's dermatologist Arnold Klein, whose former employee is Rowe. "He is the dad," says a Jackson insider. "He and Debbie signed an agreement saying they would never reveal the truth."

Regardless of these reports, Rowe has been trying to get in touch with the late singer's family since his death.

"We've been trying to reach them at different numbers. But we don't know if who we've been leaving messages with have gotten the messages," Marc Schaffel, a business associate of the family who is friends with Rowe, tells PEOPLE.

Skip over this content

Memorable Michael MomentsAFP / Getty Images16 photos Kisses, pajama pants, mysterious bandages, scary baby moments and more make up classic snapshots of the King of Pop. See Them Now >>>(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)

"In all fairness I wouldn't say they are avoiding her," Schaffel says. "Our understanding, though, is that the Jackson family does want to have contact with Debbie."

As for Rowe's reasons for trying to contact them? Schaffel explains that there are "several reasons" including "to offer her input into a venue where they could have a public memorial."

"Debbie was absolutely devastated by Michael's death. They had an incredible bond and friendship even prior to the marriage... Debbie was a very good friend to Michael during all those years," he adds.

According to the law, Rowe could get custody of the two children, even if she isn't the biological mother. However, Katherine Jackson -- Michael's mother -- has petitioned in court to be the legal guardian and was granted temporary custody.

In papers filed in court, Katherine claims that the kids "have no relationship with their biological mother" and "have a long established relationship" with their grandmother.

Jackson's youngest child, Prince Michael II, was born to an unknown surrogate.

I had 2 share this with fellow MJ fans. When i'm online, i regularly go digging for music online. Big artists, forgotten artists, new stuff, old stuff, etc. Well, on a weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly basis, i look up my random artists and occasionally find something very cool or very rare. Well, i've been watching MJ stuff show up online and go for crazy amounts of money. It feels good 2 see something u own that u bought for $7 sell for $50...ha ha. Anyways, while i was browsing, i found something that i didn't know existed. A CD promo for the HIStory track "This TIme Around" featuring Biggie. It has 8 track, which include remixes from Dallas Austin and what look like remixes by club/dance producers. After all of my years of looking i've NEVER seen this or heard of ANY remixes of this song. I did spend a bit of money on this but NOTHING compared 2 what u'd expect when u look at the other stuff, that's even less rare. Just wanted 2 share...

My internet was down for about a week so I wasn't able to make a comment here but this has been some devastating news, I haven't felt this down since I heard James Brown died on Xmas a couple years back already, like many people I really was pulling for MJ to redeem himself back to the level where he was supposed to be, it really comes to show you how time is short and we really need to cherish each moment

I had 2 share this with fellow MJ fans. When i'm online, i regularly go digging for music online. Big artists, forgotten artists, new stuff, old stuff, etc. Well, on a weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly basis, i look up my random artists and occasionally find something very cool or very rare. Well, i've been watching MJ stuff show up online and go for crazy amounts of money. It feels good 2 see something u own that u bought for $7 sell for $50...ha ha. Anyways, while i was browsing, i found something that i didn't know existed. A CD promo for the HIStory track "This TIme Around" featuring Biggie. It has 8 track, which include remixes from Dallas Austin and what look like remixes by club/dance producers. After all of my years of looking i've NEVER seen this or heard of ANY remixes of this song. I did spend a bit of money on this but NOTHING compared 2 what u'd expect when u look at the other stuff, that's even less rare. Just wanted 2 share...

This is why im glad ive been a fan for a long time. i think i have most of his rare songs. There may be a few i havnt found yet, but i'd pay a lot to get them.

As for Jordy Chandler i heard this a few days ago and i was so annoyed, i dunno how true it is tho. He was first in line for people who destroyed Michael, if it wernt for him, Gavin Arvizo, Martin Bashir and Tom Sneddon, Michael would have had a much better life.

Here's a bunch of mini newsfeeds that i got from AOL News......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson's Last Will -- Diana Ross Mentioned

Posted Jul 1st 2009 9:00AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's will has been filed with the court. Jackson asks that his mother, Katherine, be made the guardian of all three of his kids. The will says if Katherine died before him or couldn't serve as guardian, he nominated Diana Ross.

And there's a petition filed along with the will, saying Jackson's estate is worth more than $500,000,000. The petition says almost all of the estate "consists of non-cash, non-liquid assets, including primarily an interest in a catalog of music royalty rights which is currently being administered by Sony/ATV, and interests in various entities."

As we first reported, the will leaves everything to the Michael Jackson Family Trust, stating, "I give my entire estate to the Trustee or Trustees..."

The will has been misinterpreted in reports -- suggesting that Debbie Rowe was intentionally excluded. Jackson has even excluded his own children from getting property under the will. But all that means is that the trust he created will control the distribution of property.

The will declares that Jackson is not married.

The will names John Branca, John McClain and Barry Siegel as co-Executors. Branca was Jackson's lawyer, McClain is a music exec and Siegel was Jackson's accountant. But Siegel resigned from his role as executor in 2003.

Branca and McClain just released the following statement: "The most important element of Michael's will is his unwavering desire that his mother, Katherine, become the legal guardian for his three children."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson's Will

We now know what's in Michael Jackson's will -- for starters, he never said where he wanted to be buried.

We've learned the will -- which will be filed today -- is 5 pages long. As for who gets what -- Jackson's entire estate goes to the Michael Jackson Family Trust. The trust documents are not included in the will and the contents of the trust remain confidential.

We're told the trust provides for Michael's children and mother, and distributes money to several charities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael's Will -- Katherine Should Get Custody

There are reports that Michael Jackson's will says the singer wanted his mom, Katherine, to get custody and wanted assets to be placed in trust.

The will, according to the AP, lists Jackson's lawyer, John Branca, and John McClain, a music exec, as executors.

The will has not been filed with the court.

As for custody -- the will does matter, but ultimately the decision on who gets custody is in the hands of the judge.

Jackson's Dad Aced Out of Will

Michael Jackson signed a will in 2002 providing for his children and his mom, but leaving nothing to daddy Joe -- this according to the Wall Street Journal.

As we reported yesterday, attorney John Branca has the will and plans to file it with the court within 30 days of the singer's death. According to the will, Jackson reportedly left his estate -- estimated at $1 billion -- to his mother, three children and one or more charities.

As for why Joe was left out -- Jackson has said during his childhood his father beat him.

Michael Jackson's Estate in Court

Initial papers have been filed with the court to probate Michael Jackson's estate. But it seems Jackson's mom and dad don't know Jackson had a will.

The petition was filed by Michael's parents, Joe and Katherine Jackson. But here's the thing. The papers say Jackson died "intestate" -- that means, without a will.

But we've learned Jackson's long-time lawyer, John Branca, who just came back on board 3 weeks ago, has a will Jackson signed that he intends to file within 30 days.

The petition asks that Katherine be named as administrator of the will ... meaning she wants to call the shots.

The papers say Debbie Rowe will be served with notice of a hearing.

From AOL/Popeater...the video of this interview was touching.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jermaine Jackson Says 'I Wish It Was Me'

PopEater

posted: 6 HOURS 15 MINUTES AGOcomments: 1018filed under: Music NewsPrintShareText SizeAAA

With the death of his brother Michael still dominating the headlines, Jermaine Jackson gave an emotional interview to Matt Lauer on 'Today' during which he proclaimed he wishes he was the one who died.

Jermaine tells Lauer that after learning about Michael's death, he "felt empty ... I don't know how people are going to take this, but I wish it was me. I've always felt that I was his backbone. Someone to be there for him. I was there and he was sort of like Moses, things he couldn't say I would say them."

Skip over this content

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

He says the hardest part about that sad day was hearing his mother "crying, saying he was dead. And to hear my mother say Michael's dead, to feel and hear the tone in her voice to say her child is dead, it's nothing that anyone can ever imagine."

"There's nothing we can compare to this because we lost our brother, our hero. The world is mourning, we're mourning ... it's unreal, it's unbelievable," Jermaine said about the death of The King of Pop.

Jermaine says that upon hearing the news that Michael's health had taken a turn for the worse, he "rushed in the hospital and I went straight to my mother and I wanted to console her. I wanted to see Michael, I wanted to see my brother. Seeing him there lifeless and breathless was very emotional for me, but I held myself together because I know he's very much alive. That was just a shell, but I kissed him on his forehead and I hugged him and I touched him and I said 'Michael, I'll never leave you. You'll never leave me.'"

As for reports that Jackson may have abused prescription medicine, which may have led to his death, Jermaine remains skeptical until toxicology reports come back. "Michael has always been a person who was against anything like that. In this business the pressure and things you go through, you never know what one will turn to ... Michael was always concerned about everybody, and to have that weight on your shoulders, to have that pressure ... I don't know," he told Lauer.