JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Michael Jackson Dies At 50

Da Brakes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with alot of things being said here.

I don't think MJ was lonely or unhappy the last few years. He finally got some decent privacy the last few years and he spent most of his time with his children. Whenever u heard him talk about his children, u could tell that being with them is what made him feel the happiest. They are what he felt most proud of. Once he beat that last case, he was with his kids and dealing with alot less stress and pressure. The media was always on his back, but since they worked so hard 2 tarnish his star, they temporarily semi-achieved, which got off his back a bit. On top of that, he was working on new music and he was heavily rehearsing for a tour that would have brought him back 2 greateness. He had 2 be happy 2 be working. He may not have had any singles, albums, or videos out...but he just sold out 50 shows in a matter of minutes and he was on top of the world as he went. There was no decline, there was no downtime...he was on top as he was taken away. AND the place he was taken 2 is a place where he is FINALLY free from all of the negative things of this world. He didn't suffer long if he was in a place where he could participate in the suffering at all.

I pray for his family. As they face this time, as they handle his matters, as his children's lives are set up, that the press just leaves them alone.

I wanna hear some of u say more about MJ. That reason i'm typing this an my last longer post was because it's ridiculous 2 just leave a comment like "R.I.P." if u were actually a fan of his. Tell your story. What are your memeories of his music?

One thing i love is that in his passing, MTV actually started playing a thing called music videos. They are focusing a bit much on the 80's and his biggest hits, but it's a good thing nonetheless. I remember when "Black or White" came out, MTV aired it every hour on the hour.

The day before he passed, i was taking my dog for a walk. As i walked thru' the neighborhood, i made a point 2 remember who used 2 live in certain houses and all the crazy things me and my friends did as kids. When i walked by the house that my friend Eric lived in, i remember that when my brother got Dangerous the day it came out, we rushed 2 his house and popped it in and blasted it in the basement. I remember instantly falling in love with "Jam." And the big surprise was that Heavy D was on the track!! In that same basement, i remember making lots of lipsyncing music videos. I remember me and Eric were fighting over who was gonna lipsync "Black or White." We agreed that we'd both lipsync a version of it...ha ha. We even did a silly parody of the intro 2 the video. However, we never got 2 complete the 1st version. I was doing mine 1st. I remember that we weren't allowed 2 touch the camcorder so we were trying 2 do it before his dad got home. I remember rocking black pants, a white t-shirt, and a white button up over top it. I remember dancing and lipsyncing and in the middle of getting in2 it, totally stopping and a look on my face that was a combination of embarassment and "oh crap, we are in trouble" as he dad walks in2 the frame from the left...ha ha.

It's interesting 2 hear all of the things that celebs are saying. I just saw an interview with the Godfather of MJ's kids and he said that people may have thought it was weird how he covered his kids with masks and stuff. However, he said that by doing so, nobody knew exactly what his kids looked like. He said how he would get to take the kids out without masks on and never had 2 worry about a crowd forming, threats, or kidnapping. That just blew my mind. MJ was a smart guy for that. The most sought after man in the world could let his kids out in2 the world without them being recognized. He also confirmed that MJ spent almost all of his time with his kids, where he felt happiest. He also felt that he was not a fit father because MJ was such an amazing father. He was assuming that MJ's parents would probably be taking care of the kids.

Another thing that come 2 mind. For any die hard MJ supporter, the tarnish on his career over the last 15 years has been a painful thing. The lawsuits. The way people make fun of him. The way people think really awful things about him (which none of us know what the truth is). His appearnance. His comical actions. It has been painful to watch all this happen 2 him knowing that he is one of the greatest singers, songwriteres, dancers, producers, business man, and probably one of teh world's sweetest soul. He deserved 2 be on the top. He deserved to be in the lime light. He didn't deserve the negative media trash. He didn't deserve families that he helped out suing him. He didn't deserve to be torn away from from the art that he loved so much. In my personal life, i have been praying all year that my personal situations turn around. Some of them are gonna take some work, some time, some miracles. The cool thing is that why i look at MJ's career, it has all been restored in the blink of an eye. Yeah, they are talking about the stuff he had 2 go through. However, the media that stalked him and trash talked him is now supporting. So many people who just weren't into him over the past 15 years or even disrespected him are now praising him. For a real fan, it's frustrating that they could hate on him for years and now they wanna be a bandwagon fan who "was always down" with MJ. But getting shortly after being annoyed by that, i actually got happy that his legacy seems almost totally restored. His legacy is the most imporant thing. I doesn't seem like anyone on TV is focusing on the negative and the weird. They are eyes are opened and they are praising him for the genious that he is.

dude, you're bringing some old memories back! i just remembered the days in elementary school. you know, i had some really nice MJ moves going on and all my friends and all the other kids were gathering around me in the breaks to catch a few moves i did, lol. it is so embarresing even just to think about it and i really wanted to impress girls with all that stuff!!! when somebody talks about MJ, my cousin always comes to my mind. he's over 30 now but in his teenie ages he used go to dance competitions and he probably won all the prizes you could get. MJ was his idol back then, that dude that he wanted to imitate. I dont know if he can still kill it with the moves but back then i was just like "woooaaahh!"

I was 13 when I went to see him in concert. It was such an amazing night. He performed so many hits. I just remember saying to myself I've just witnessed history. He was phenomenal. The dance moves, the songs, the sound was just so amazing. I've been to a number of concerts but no one, I mean no one, put on such a great performance like Michael could. I remember I was the only one in my class who went to the concert & everybody wanted me to tell them about it.

I remember when the video for Thriller came out. I was too young to stay up for Friday Night Videos so an older neighbor(he was in high school) recorded the video & I saw it the next day. The video was so crazy & at the time I didn't realize just how revolutionary this video was. No artist since has been able to come close, let alone match his genius.

Every album that came out I got on the first day. Possibly my greatest memory of Michael was when he did the Motown 25th Anniversary show when he premiered the moonwalk. Everybody was trying to do the moonwalk; everybody wanted to be him. As a lifelong fan, it hurt when the tabloids & allegations started. It's sad that society looks to tear people down after they're built up. I was really looking forward to him coming back & blessing us with new music. I wanted him to come back & prove all his critics wrong. I am going to miss him so much but I'm going to celebrate his life & music to the fullest. He was & is the greatest entertainer of all-time. No one even comes close.

Edited by TopDawg14

Tupac said :

"We look at death from the selfish side, like, "That guy died. Oh, it's so sad." Why is it sad? He's away from all of this bad stuff that's here on Earth. I mean, at the worst, he's just somewhere quiet, no nothing. At best, he's an angel... or he's a spirit somewhere. What is so bad about that?"

Edited by Romano338

im absolutley devastated. Im in complete shock. Ive been a fan since i saw bad back in 1987, i had tickets to see him in January and i cant begin to describe how excited i was. They keep playing his songs and they just bring me to tears. My thoughts are with his family especially his children.

This was the last (good) picture that was taken of Michael

4152_1156783163107_1333579991_30405133_7

He looked really good there. Infact in looked simular to what he did in 1991

Yeah they were going crazy about the curls on the Mj forum, he really was starting to look healthier and happier in more recent pics. There is unfortunatly a picture of him dying in the ambulance, i wont post it bcoz i find it disgusting that some1 would take a picture of him like that.

Tupac said :

"We look at death from the selfish side, like, "That guy died. Oh, it's so sad." Why is it sad? He's away from all of this bad stuff that's here on Earth. I mean, at the worst, he's just somewhere quiet, no nothing. At best, he's an angel... or he's a spirit somewhere. What is so bad about that?"

I'd never heard this, thanks for posting it, that is an awesome way to look at it.

from Jada's facebook:Be at peace, Michael. Love, Jada.

I can't imagine how people who actually knew him are feeling, if the impact on his fans is so amazing. Some of the celebrity responses are just breaking my heart esp. from Lisa Marie and Liz Taylor.

there's songs and tributes coming out and the BET awards is changing a lot of the show as a dedication to him.

Edited by MissAshley

Michael Jackson Jokes Cut from "Bruno"

Sacha Baron Cohen's "Bruno" premiere took place yesterday and was unintentionally on top of Michael Jackson's Walk of Fame star. As a result, Jackson's grieving fans were forced to gather around another Walk of Fame star that belongs to an LA-based radio commentator, who is also named Michael Jackson.

On top of that, the film contains a scene in which Cohen interviews an unsuspecting LaToya Jackson and makes fun of her brother for his high-pitched voice and his trademark white glove.

In order not to seem insensitive, Universal and "Bruno" filmmakers rushed to the editing room to make some quick edits to the LaToya scene and to keep Michael's name out of the movie. By the time the film made its debut, the edits were already complete.

The studio is releasing "Bruno" nationwide in two weeks and will likely not put the Michael Jackson jokes back in.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14026&count=0

-----

Apart from this, Jacko only appeared as an actor in some movies, and, as Will Smith fans, we can't forget his cameo in 'Men In Black 2':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvc7oVtS1k8

Edited by Ale

I thought that pic was from 1991. When was it taken?

I was just thinking about his scene in MIIB. I just remember laughing so hard in theaters. MJ was hilarious. I like that they cut the MJ jokes out. If they aren't really distastefull, i don't see why they couldn't be in the outtakes...but i can't see a movie like that doing the fun kind of finger pointing.

I wonder if there is video footage from this comeback tour that is polished enough to be shared with fans at some point. Who owns the right 2 his music? Will we ever hear the song that is confirmed that MJ did with FP? Will we hear it in it's original form. Is there more than one like there was speculated?

I thought that pic was from 1991. When was it taken?

I was just thinking about his scene in MIIB. I just remember laughing so hard in theaters. MJ was hilarious. I like that they cut the MJ jokes out. If they aren't really distastefull, i don't see why they couldn't be in the outtakes...but i can't see a movie like that doing the fun kind of finger pointing.

I wonder if there is video footage from this comeback tour that is polished enough to be shared with fans at some point. Who owns the right 2 his music? Will we ever hear the song that is confirmed that MJ did with FP? Will we hear it in it's original form. Is there more than one like there was speculated?

That picture is from just this month, there was a lot of speculation whether it was a new picture bcoz he looks like he did in the 90's but yeah its new. Theres rumour that he recorded a full dress rehersal of the this is it tour, i just hope they release it bcoz i need it as some kind of closure. Hes supposed to have recorded an album too so who knows what will happen to that.