JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith songs that no one really talks about...

• Members

I'm thinking mainly of his solo work here, but feel free to throw some JJFP tracks in.

How about, 'Y'all Know'? Some Fantastic lyrics:

"Im back attackin the mic

Hype like a viking

Strikin like a python

Blaze like jon

A hip-hop icon, mc radical

Back on track from my rap/act sabatacle

Nine-point-six on the richter

Kicked her, hands so slickta

Chicks quickta flip tha

Bright glance and the tight pants

For the slight chance, big willie can we get one dance?"

Same with 'Yes, Yes, Y'all':

"Parades and accolades all shades and ages

Me the outrageous

My zeal contagious

The smile inspirator

Aspen to Grenada

One of the only emcees to say cheese with Schwarzenegger."

And 'I Loved You'- one of Will Smith's deeper tracks. You can just here his emotion kicking in towards the end. Classic.

Edited by Ataraxia

Y'all named some great songs there, "I Loved You" is such a deep song, "Y'all Know" and "Yes Yes Y'all" got such incredible lyricism, "The Rain" has such real lyrics just like "Tell Me Why", I really like "Afro Angel" too which tells inspiring stories, "Block Party" is a summer anthem, and lately I've been playing "Nothin' On My Mind" a lot, it's such a cool song to groove to

haha you could say the whole BWS album isn't talked about too much except around here, the whole feeling of it is timeless. Perfectly described where he was at in his life.

No More is one of my faves, soo deeep. The Rain will always be a fav too. Damn its crazy, I've always loved his whole catalog. List goes on and on...wouldn't even be into music if it weren't for him and Jeff, thats why I'll always rep them, no matter what anyone else thinks of their music.

Edited by bart5

• Members

Y'all named some great songs there, "I Loved You" is such a deep song, "Y'all Know" and "Yes Yes Y'all" got such incredible lyricism, "The Rain" has such real lyrics just like "Tell Me Why", I really like "Afro Angel" too which tells inspiring stories, "Block Party" is a summer anthem, and lately I've been playing "Nothin' On My Mind" a lot, it's such a cool song to groove to

Do people really listen to Will Smith for "deep songs" like 'I Loved You' though? (This is a rhetorical question, by the way).

haha you could say the whole BWS album isn't talked about too much except around here, the whole feeling of it is timeless. Perfectly described where he was at in his life.

So true. And despite that, it's still my favorite WS Solo Album.

I'd add 'Candy'. Love that song :cool:

I like almost all the WS songs (I don't want to say 100%, because maybe I'm forgetting one !), so there is a lot of songs I like nobody talk about (except here, of course !)!

For example :

Y'all Know

Chasing Forever

Candy

Yes Yes Y'all

Willow Is A Player

How The Beat Goes On

Maybe

I Gotta Go Home

Could You Love Me

Scary Story

I'm Coming

Afro Angel

Edited by Romano338

So true. And despite that, it's still my favorite WS Solo Album.

I'd add 'Candy'. Love that song :cool:

who cares if people do not talk about it, they all bought it. i love yes yes ya'll and nohting on my mind. candy too.