JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

VH1 Hip Hop Honors To Focus Entirely On Def Jam

bigted

Once again no JJFP, especially since they were on Jive, lol:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9249/title.vh1-hip-hop-honors-to-focus-entirely-on-def-jam

VH1 Hip Hop Honors To Focus Entirely On Def Jam

June 4th, 2009 | Author: Slava KupersteinVH1 has decided to have the entire focus of this year's Hip Hop Honors show to focus on the legendary Hip Hop label, Def Jam.

The show, which takes place on Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 9:00 PM, will commemorate the storied label's 25 years in the industry, including segments on founders Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons.

Also a part of the event, as is now customary, many Hip Hop stars will show to perform some of the label's biggest hits, both past and present.

In its sixth year, the annual event will be hosted by comedian Tracy Morgan for the third time in a row. It will take place at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in Brooklyn, NY.

Last year's honorees included Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Naughty By Nature, Slick Rick and Too $hort.

A lot of the rappers that VH1 Honored over the years already were Def Jam rappers(examples: Public Enemy, LL Cool J, Slick Rick, Beastie Boys), not that I'm complaining, but there's plenty of other legendary rappers who weren't on Def Jam that didn't get honored yet

Cool...LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Method Man, EPMD, Onyx, Foxy Brown, Redman, and the list goes on. I love the idea. I could do without Tracy Morgan tho.' Cool J has already been honored, he should host it. He's hosted a few award shows over the years.

They people behind the Hip-Hop Honors probably put 2gether who they want on the show. From there, if an artist or group can't/won't participate, they change the line up. It wouldn't surprise me if they have been trying 2 do JJ+FP but maybe FP isn't available or ready. Think about it. It's weird that he hasn't even been at one.....but Jazzy has...

but didnt already honor all the important def jam cats anyway?

thats exactly what i was thinkin..anyways i always enjoy wathcin HHHonors