JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nintendo's Big Bang On The E3

• Members

I think the Wii needs to step its game up if it wants to attract serious gamers. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but there needs to be more in-depth games like Mario and Zelda. There's too many bubblegum games; in the sense, they're fun for a week or so.

Can't wait for Mario Galaxy 2 :)

Nintendo knows it can't compete wth Sony and Microsoft in the hardcore gaming market. So thats why the Wii has so many gimmicky games that caters for others.

But with games like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Metroid in its mits for life it'll always have a solid gaming follwoing.

• Members

The Wii is perfect for shooters tho, but they dont make them because the girl next door wont buy it. It sucks. I bought a Xbox, because it drove me crazy to only have one good game in 6 months. But I love the Wii, it just needs more consistancy.

Same. I wasn't content with just Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and Mario Kart.

And besides, Wii's online mode sucks (I know it's free, but still).

Street Fighter IV for the 360 is the game I count responsible for getting me back into the video game culture.

The Wii is perfect for shooters tho, but they dont make them because the girl next door wont buy it. It sucks. I bought a Xbox, because it drove me crazy to only have one good game in 6 months. But I love the Wii, it just needs more consistancy.

The Wii is definitely underutilized when it comes to shooters. The reason it doesn't get as many though has nothing to do with getting girls or moms to play it. Nintendo would love to have more games like that (it's getting The Conduit this month, which is a pretty big release for them). The reason they haven't been getting as many shooters (until recently) is because the Wii is not comparable in power next to the PS3 and 360. Those games are proven to sell on those consoles, so developing the game for both systems at once has developers more sure of their potential profits.

But like I said, that's changing a little bit. Call of Duty: WaW came out for Wii last Christmas. The Conduit comes out this June, The Grinder was just announced. And Red Steel 2 (which looks awesome, but is becoming more about swords than guns) is out in November.

I've noticed many people are pretty unaware of the non-Nintendo games for the Wii, which I blame mostly on Nintendo for not properly pushing them.

• Members

End of the day, though, it's a business. Nintendo knows its target audience with the Wii, and exploits it.

Remember the N64? Whereas I absolutely adored that system, it didn't have the marketing to compete with the PS or Xbox.

I'm not a Metriod fan. but Other M looks sick..and their not even done with it yet

excited about SMG2 and 4 player New Super Mario Bros Wii.. and new Zelda in 2010. wish there was atleast a screen shot.

Wii Sports Resort looks pretty fun with Motion+ and i don't know why Wii Fit+ is coming with a balance board when it already comes with the original.

Nintendo had a decent show it couldn't have been worse than last year.. wish they'd spent more focus on WIIWare and DSIWare. and i want Starfox Wii!!

Edited by ant1