JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

You saw my blinker

Guest Fresh Prince of E Town

Guest Fresh Prince of E Town

What's the story with this song? It's so out of character with Will using the word b****. I've always wondered if it was meant as a farce or joke, with JJFP poking fun at their innocent reputation?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if it is really making fun about gangsta rap, but it is a very nice song !

The story : Will bought a new car, but a girl hit it with her car. So he is angry.

Its definitly making fun of gangsta rap.

Don't know if it is really making fun about gangsta rap, but it is a very nice song !

The story : Will bought a new car, but a girl hit it with her car. So he is angry.

Its definitly making fun of gangsta rap.

Yes but I don't think he did it to make fun of gangsta rap.

He made this song because he wanted to do it, and after, he decided to make fun of gangsta rap.

I read in a couple places that this is one of two songs Will curses on. What's the other?

In 'Lost & Found' he says: "Damn that's the list for 90 percent of ya'll videos and songs, am I wrong?"; and in 'Tell Me Why' he says: "Tell me why did Reginald Denny deserve his fate, and why the f*@k can't love seem to defeat hate".

Does that count? lol

Ahhh...here is this topic again...

"U Saw My Blinker" was JJ+FP poking fun at the harder Hip-Hop scene that swallowed up the potential of the success of their last album. He's rapping a funny story (totally Fresh Prince) in a dead serious tone and slipping a cuss word in2 the chorus. The funniest part is when they released the song as a single and FP performed it alone on MTV.

• Members

Ahhh...here is this topic again...

"U Saw My Blinker" was JJ+FP poking fun at the harder Hip-Hop scene that swallowed up the potential of the success of their last album. He's rapping a funny story (totally Fresh Prince) in a dead serious tone and slipping a cuss word in2 the chorus. The funniest part is when they released the song as a single and FP performed it alone on MTV.

I've heard that many times before. The thing is, when you listen to the song, you really can't tell that they are trying to be funny or poke fun at the stereotypes. At least, to me, you can't.

I read in a couple places that this is one of two songs Will curses on. What's the other?

In 'Lost & Found' he says: "Damn that's the list for 90 percent of ya'll videos and songs, am I wrong?"; and in 'Tell Me Why' he says: "Tell me why did Reginald Denny deserve his fate, and why the f*@k can't love seem to defeat hate".

Does that count? lol

i'm sure he said "bitch" on swagga