JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What y'all think?

I see their points JJFP were the public friendly option.

But I think over the history of the Grammy awards, JJFP winning that is one of the least questionable.

For example, Lil Wayne won 4 awards last year, (beating the likes of Nas, Jigga, Lupe, Snoop) nuff said?

Edited by Big Willie

Maybe it was not reprensentative of the future of rap, or of the rap at this time, but it was the best rap.

If it was not the best rap, why did they won the Grammy ?

I think it's stupid to say that it is not representative of rap, or something like this. Rap is a kind of music, a way to sing! Not have anything to do with the lyrics ! It's a way to sing, a kind of music, the definition of rap is not "dark, swear, drugs, sex, guns"!

PS : I hope I well understand, if not, I'll look like totally stupid :D :D :D :D

Edited by Romano338

"He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is one of the best albums in hip hop history, it held up well against any album out at that time and against any album out now, it's classic, JJFP earned that Grammy

I see their points JJFP were the public friendly option.

For example, Lil Wayne won 4 awards last year, (beating the likes of Nas, Jigga, Lupe, Snoop) nuff said?

Th JJFP released an amazing with "He's The Dj..", but thats not why they won a grammy. They won it because they were the public friendly option. The grammy almost allways goes to the most popular artists/album that year, that's why it went to Lil Wayne last year. Because, like JJFP, he was the public's sweetheart. Whoever thinks the Grammys are about quality is far from reality. Sure, they often nominate good albums, and sometimes good albums even win.. But there are allways tons of beter albums that werent even considered to be nomated, because they did not pop up in the public eye. It's not about good music, it's about popular music.

Edited by Turntable

Th JJFP released an amazing with "He's The Dj..", but thats not why they won a grammy. They won it because they were the public friendly option. The grammy almost allways goes to the most popular artists/album that year, that's why it went to Lil Wayne last year. Because, like JJFP, he was the public's sweetheart. Whoever thinks the Grammys are about quality is far from reality. Sure, they often nominate good albums, and sometimes good albums even win.. But there are allways tons of beter albums that werent even considered to be nomated, because they did not pop up in the public eye. It's not about good music, it's about popular music.

Thats the point I was making. Public images rules the results for the most part.

But the JJFP award was one of the least quetsionable when it comes to that circumstance.