JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

top summer jams

Hero1

• Admin
in one of the latest XXL's they had the top summer jams.. and had a top 10 from every year from 87 up to 97 i think...

anyway for 1991 ..summertime wasnt no. 1!!! how the greatest rap summer joint wasnt no. 1 for 1991 is an absolute joke.. they had naughty by natures o.p.p. as no. for 91 :nhawong: and summertime was no. 2 ... they did however have a really kool picture of jazzy jeff and the fresh prince that i'd never seen before on the page...

That's insane that they put "O.P.P." at number one...but at least it waz a good song. Everybody who sees that list and knows anything about Hip-Hop knows "Summertime" should have been at number one. "O.P.P." did blaze out thru' the summer of 1991 tho'...and they still play it occasionally on my local Hip-Hop station (which says alot cuz most of they stuff they play is trash).

I remember back in 91 when JJ+FP waz being interviewed at an award show (the AMA's i think) and they were asked about their chances 2 win and FP waz like "We're not sure man, "O.P.P." waz such a big record." :roll:

Yeh O.P.P is a great partay song but i don't see how it won a summer song competition when its up against JJFP's effort.

What a crazy world we live in :dunno: