JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem & Dj Jazzy Jeff

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"First of all, I used to respect Will Smith. [Now] he's dissed the whole genre of rap. He dissed gangsta rap music. And that is one of the most influential musics out there. I respect him for saying his opinion, but not everybody is as happy as Will Smith. Not everybody sees life as happy and as positive as he sees it. So if he wants to rap about birds and bees and flowers, then let him rap about birds and bees and flowers, but don't dis nobody else, dude." - Eminem

So whether it was a joke or not, there was obviously a little more to it...

lol pot, kettle, black anyone? Hes complaining that Will has dissed everyone, eminems made a career out of dissing people.

Such a good point Julie.

He doesn't want Will to diss anyone yet he himself disses almost everyone. LOL. EPIC FAIL.

My personal opinion as to why Em behaves this way towards Will is that he's jealous. Jealous

that Will is a stand up guy, who paved the way for many others and is regarded highly by the best rappers.

Deep down inside Em wants to be that guy, but he can't. And I think that's what's killing him.

Edited by Typhoon20

That's true, 90% of Eminem's career is made on dissing!

In every songs, there are at least 5-6 celebrities dissed !

How can he blame Will for dissing?!

They don't have the same life, ok, but rap is not only for people who sold drugs, went to jail and killed people !

Eminem sucks...i liked him at the beginning of his career, but after SSLP he started to fall off. Skillz was right, it was wrong from Em to diss Will. What is more frustrating is that now Em's career is falling off, Jeff shares the stage with him and SUPPORTS him instead of Will in 2000, when the "beef" started! JJFP is dead!

Edited by Jin

That's a bit on the dramatic side if u ask me. Jeff is laid back. I'm more surprised at Skillz since he voiced his opinion the way it did. I see it as time passing and resolution 2 something that only music fans are worrying about. Eminem seems 2 want 2 get 2 a better place in his music and having Jazzy and Skillz there was a good move compared 2 having people like 50 Cent which not only would have been more easy for him 2 get but what the audience would have wanted 2 see. It was also a good exposure for Jazzy and Skillz. I think we are making a big deal outta something that really isn't a big deal at all. I think it would have been hilarious if FP rushed the stage for a track.

So JJFP is dead just 'cause Jeff does a show with Eminem in 2009? This ain't 2000 anymore, like AJ said Eminem's trying to get his credability back, I don't see nothing wrong with it, we're basically dragging this out more than it should be, time to move on

Edited by bigted

"First of all, I used to respect Will Smith. [Now] he's dissed the whole genre of rap. He dissed gangsta rap music. And that is one of the most influential musics out there. I respect him for saying his opinion, but not everybody is as happy as Will Smith. Not everybody sees life as happy and as positive as he sees it. So if he wants to rap about birds and bees and flowers, then let him rap about birds and bees and flowers, but don't dis nobody else, dude." - Eminem

So whether it was a joke or not, there was obviously a little more to it...

lol pot, kettle, black anyone? Hes complaining that Will has dissed everyone, eminems made a career out of dissing people.

Such a good point Julie.

He doesn't want Will to diss anyone yet he himself disses almost everyone. LOL. EPIC FAIL.

My personal opinion as to why Em behaves this way towards Will is that he's jealous. Jealous

that Will is a stand up guy, who paved the way for many others and is regarded highly by the best rappers.

Deep down inside Em wants to be that guy, but he can't. And I think that's what's killing him.

Well.. Thats crap.. Em is one of the most respected Mc's too.. And Em allways stood up for what the thpught was right. And you cant compare Em's diss towards people with what Will did. Eminem usualy disses Pop Artists, most of the time corny ones. He had some beef with some rappers, but he never downgraded a whole type of hip hop. Thats what he felt Will did.

Well I don't agree with everything Eminem does but he's definately a respected rapper in hip hop, but what you gotta understand that what Will said back then about gangsta rap was not aimed at every rapper, only at ones who don't put messages in their songs and ain't creative, there was a lot of 'em like that back then and especially more of them now who are fake rappers, Eminem's a more real rapper than most that get airplay, I'm with AJ here about how deep down I don't think Eminem was offended either by what Will said he just fed into the controversey to get his album to sell more, the reason why I truely feel that he wasn't offended by that either was 'cause he was creative with his music early in his career and what he said on "Real Slim Shady" was done in a witty way as well, if you listen to the song he's poking fun at himself too, the song wasn't meant to be taken seriously...

What cracked me up about Eminem years ago is that he would diss anyone he could (usually pop groups and artists who would never stand up 2 him in the music cuz it wouldn't make sense) or just say stuff about them, not as a diss, but inappropriate none the less. But whenever someone dissed him, he would become this loud mouth baby about it. He can dish it out, but he could never take it.

That's foul that Dr. Dre did that

• 4 weeks later...

FP is real...Dr. Dre is fake...no they shouldn't. Unless Dre wants 2 go back to that "Gangsta Rap is dead" attitude and make positive, real Hip-Hop music, there's simply no need for them 2 work 2gether. Dre turned his back on the whole concept of Aftermath and surrounded himself with common, simple, ignorant people 2 make music that is often phoney and pointless.