JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem & Dj Jazzy Jeff

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Forgot About Dre" video, the masks, the live show bits all came out after everyone took that line as a diss and since it turned in2 that, Eminem just started doing it. The actual line isn't a diss. He does diss just about anybody he can, but listen 2 half of those lines...half the time they aren't disses, he just says something about them that actually isn't insulting about them.

"First of all, I used to respect Will Smith. [Now] he's dissed the whole genre of rap. He dissed gangsta rap music. And that is one of the most influential musics out there. I respect him for saying his opinion, but not everybody is as happy as Will Smith. Not everybody sees life as happy and as positive as he sees it. So if he wants to rap about birds and bees and flowers, then let him rap about birds and bees and flowers, but don't dis nobody else, dude." - Eminem

So whether it was a joke or not, there was obviously a little more to it...

Edited by Vipa

It was obviously a diss, and not only that, in forgot about dre, he mentioned Will too in the video. Will responded a lil bit in Mr Nice Guy, but with the class that characterizes him. In real slim shady he even mentions the Grammys Will won saying that he doesnt give a damn about a grammy..

Ah.. wish i could have been there.. really, Eminem should invite jazzy jeff to go on tour with him as a regular co-feature.. jeff can spin a solo set to start things off..

"First of all, I used to respect Will Smith. [Now] he's dissed the whole genre of rap. He dissed gangsta rap music. And that is one of the most influential musics out there. I respect him for saying his opinion, but not everybody is as happy as Will Smith. Not everybody sees life as happy and as positive as he sees it. So if he wants to rap about birds and bees and flowers, then let him rap about birds and bees and flowers, but don't dis nobody else, dude." - Eminem

So whether it was a joke or not, there was obviously a little more to it...

lol pot, kettle, black anyone? Hes complaining that Will has dissed everyone, eminems made a career out of dissing people.

Where exactly did that Eminem quote come from? What's the source?

Everyone disses everyone in Rap. Get used to it. Eminem can defend himself, so can Will. The whole masks thing was a little too far. Maybe Em got pissed at what Will said about how "didnt have to kill nobody in any of his records..." speech when he won an MTV VMA or something. The actual line in that track wasn't a diss but the masks and other crap was a little too far. We all know however, deep down, Em respects Will.

Jazzy did his thing! He totally took it old school on that.

And yeah, Eminem did take it personal when FP made that speech putting it out there that he did make a huge career out of making music where he could be real instead of trying 2 be hard and putting out negative energy. In the beginning, with "The Real Slim Shady," Eminem wasn't dissing Will. Listen 2 the line. Again, it was when the single got big, all of these fans thought he was dissing FP. Since everyeone thought that and since Eminem buys in2 whatever gimmicks he can, he let that assumption turn in2 what was him insulting FP. It's after fans established that, that the "Forgot About Dre" video was done, the masks, the interviews. Like FP said, there's a JJ+FP fan in Eminem and nearly every emcee and rapper wishes they were FP on some kinda level. If there was something seriously there, Em would have eaten up the line in "Mr. Niceguy" and said something about it. Jazzy wouldn't have been at this event if there was real beef there. Eminem needed Jazzy there as some credibility because he has strayed so far away from true Hip-Hop that he needed his re-energized music 2 be given a chance that otherwise didn't deserve it.

Yeah I'd like to know where that Eminem quote came from, when it comes down to it I think it's time to let bygones be bygones, we're talking 9/10 years ago here now, Will and Eminem moved on obviously