JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vibe Best Rapper Alive Vote

Jin

I never said Eminem can't spit but in reality Eminem studied Will's flow when he grew up, it's just like how Lebron James studied Michael Jordan's moves when he grew up....

I never said Eminem can't spit but in reality Eminem studied Will's flow when he grew up, it's just like how Lebron James studied Michael Jordan's moves when he grew up....

Learning from and studying someone doesn't mean you cant end up better than them though, does it?

I cant say who is better. I much prefer listening to JJFP/WS, but I do consider Eminem to be more complete when it comes to straight spittin.

Learning from and studying someone doesn't mean you cant end up better than them though, does it?

I cant say who is better. I much prefer listening to JJFP/WS, but I do consider Eminem to be more complete when it comes to straight spittin.

That's a fair point,it's like you could say it's just like Will grew up a fan of the Sugar Hill Gang and he took rap to a bigger level than they did, I do look at things objectively myself, I know there are a handful hip hop artists out there that you could say're better than JJFP/WS even though they're my favorites but Em ain't one of them at this point, maybe if he goes back to his original way of rhyming and is more consistant he could be better than Will one day but at this point he still has ways to go....

Edited by bigted

That would mean a MC is only as good as his last album was, which aint true I think.

I agree. I dont think Ted meant it like that though, I think he meant being consistent even if ya next album isnt as good as ya first. Em's decline was quite big, in my opinion. I think the problem is the way Em's career has gone. If it had worked in reverse and MMLP, SSLP and Infinite we're his most recent albums, we'd be talking about him as being one of the greatest, whose grown immensley over the years. It may just be a case of, he peaked at the wrong time.

Yeah Eminem's decline has been pretty steep over the years, a lot of great rappers have made some albums better than others but they still showed something to possess their skill throughout their career, Eminem disrespected his art with the crap he did, also I think if you work hard throughout your career you should be given credit where it's due, Will put in too much work to not be mentioned among the great mcs