JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vibe Best Rapper Alive Vote

Jin

Tupac and Biggie are just mentioned in the GOAT discussion, because they had a tragic death!

I wouldn't say that. I'm not a Tupac Fan, but I understand what people see in him. And Biggie was skilled as hell, you cant fron on that. Ready To Die is a masterpiece, even Will said that.

Edited by Turntable

BamF's comments were so ignorant that I wasn't even gonna comment but really though when it comes down to it I think Dr. Dre's older than Will too, so you can't say Will's too old can you? Dr.Dre hasn't dropped an album in almost 10 years, he's a producer more than a rapper, like it was said earlier here he's an ass that doesn't keep it real either.... I know that it's a fact that if 2Pac and Biggie were still alive today that they wouldn't be that popular... The fact is that they both sold more records when they died than when they were alive, not to say that they weren't talented but that's a fact...How could you say JJFP failed in the 90s? The 90s were when JJFP were at the peak of their music, Will proved how he was realer than most rappers 'cause he stayed true to his art and sold millions of albums while gangsta rap was at its peak throughout the decade, you need to check the facts before you talk so ignorant....

How the hell did Will only get 9% of the vote? He got way more fans than that, wow that's just some BS, but Big Boi's a legend so that's not surprising he beat TI

This post is going to get a lot of people angry, but I'm going to put it up anyway just because it's the way I feel. Will Smith does not deserve this at all. In my view Will Smith is not a real rapper whatsoever, however he is a tremendous actor and he should stick to that. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince failed to keep their clean style of rap alive in the 90's when gangsta rap destroyed everything in it's path. And now the mean is what 40 years old? It's over for Will Smith in the rap game. More power to Will, but the real legends who deserve this title are people like Biggie Smalls, Tupac, and Dr. Dre.

(In Jay-Z's voice) "We don't believe you. You need more people!!"

Bam's post failed on 3 points. FP is a real rapper(maybe Bam should check Will's discography before Big Willie Style). Just because he doesn't spit nonsense about guns, street-life, sex, etc doesn't mean he's not a "real" rapper. Will's one of the best storytellers to pick up the mic. Will kept the clean rap alive throughout the 90's. Summertime? 1991. Code Red? 1993? Gettin' Jiggy Wit It? 1997. I could go on but.... And to his 3rd point, Dr. Dre???? Dr. Dre???? Mr. Lip-gloss & Sequin Outfit?? He spit such groundbreaking rhymes like... like.... ummm.....

Anywho, I'm not surprised Will lost to Em nor am I surprised by the outcome. We have an entire generation of people who think Em is the greatest thing rap has ever seen. I'm not saying that he can't spit because he can it's just after the MMLP he's been falling off ever since.

LMAO. Dr. Dre, a real rapper. LMAO.

Edited by TopDawg14

Ha! I remember when Eazy-E would perform "Real Compton City G's" he'd bring out the old World Class Wreckin' Crew pix of Dre smiling in those tight suits, rocking make-up, and smiling big. Nuttin' But A G Thang, baby.

How the hell did Will only get 9% of the vote? He got way more fans than that, wow that's just some BS

Relapse just dropped and Will hasnt put anything out since 2005. It's not that surprising.

I don't think that's the reason why Em got 91% of the votes to be honest. I agree with what TD said:

"I'm not surprised Will lost to Em nor am I surprised by the outcome. We have an entire generation of people who think Em is the greatest thing rap has ever seen. I'm not saying that he can't spit because he can it's just after the MMLP he's been falling off ever since."

Emine is a very very good rapper, he is very very famous, more than Will (just in music).

Will is maybe under rated. Eminem, everybody knows him, in France, everywhere.

In France, if I ask 100 people in street : "what do you think of Will Smith's rap ?", 90% will answer "Will Smith ? The actor ? He sings ?", and 5% will answer "I just know Men in Black song and FPOBA theme".

I don't know how it is in others countries, but in France, I think it is like that (in France, rap is not really popular)

Edited by Romano338

How the hell did Will only get 9% of the vote? He got way more fans than that, wow that's just some BS

Relapse just dropped and Will hasnt put anything out since 2005. It's not that surprising.

I don't think that's the reason why Em got 91% of the votes to be honest. I agree with what TD said:

"I'm not surprised Will lost to Em nor am I surprised by the outcome. We have an entire generation of people who think Em is the greatest thing rap has ever seen. I'm not saying that he can't spit because he can it's just after the MMLP he's been falling off ever since."

I dont disagree with that. However for me, for 4-5 years, he was one of the best things to happen to rap. From Infinite up to MMLP; he put our one of the best catalogues an emcee has ever put out, in my opinion. I agree, he fell of during Eminem Show and is just starting to get his juices back now. Might not be the most popular thing I'm gonna say but, I would have voted Em ahead of Will as well, because I think he's the more complete artist.

I was already saying that I was expecting Will to lose to Eminem but 9%?? 9%?? 9??, that just doesn't seem right at all, it just shows you how few people actually study their hip hop history... Will's had a more complete and consistant career, he did 9 albums so far in never falling off creatively, each album Will's done is on a different level, even "Born To Reign" is more creative than Em's been in the last 7-8 years, while Eminem's on his 5th album with his last 3 on a weak level compared to his 1st 2, to say that Will'

s not on the same level as Eminem is a complete joke... These idiots talk like Eminem won the 1st rap grammy, their knowledge of hip hop is just embarassing,(like Will said on "Lost and Found" "1st ever rap gramy/let's talk about the only reason yo ass was in Miami") Will's one of the trailbrazing mcs with a consistant 20+ year career on the mic, if everybody knew the facts it'd be the opposite with Eminem getting 9%, Redman's also been more consistant than Eminem so he should win this third round, now if Will lost big to Redman I could live with that... In reality to see Will getting 9% is just as dissapointing as seeing a weak Eminem album selling 600,000 while a great Method Man/Redman album only sells 60,000 but I guess that's the way it goes... And of course I can't fail to mention that pic is hilarious....

Edited by bigted