JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rock The House Vynil

Word thats dope!! It crazy that there is still Rock the House records around, hopefully they're in good shape. I actually was digging through the crates a few weeks ago, when I found A Nightmare on My Street Single and Ring My Bell single records, which were only $8 total for both.

Edited by bart5

I have the original version of the album on vinyl (i don't know of the orignal version was ever released on CD...i've never found it). 2 or 3 of the song are different from the 1988 Jive release. I wanted 2 put them on CD but the condition of the record makes it so the the sound quality isn't that amazing. I'll probably get another one in the upcoming months. Congrats on the find!!

• 1 month later...

I have the original version of the album on vinyl (i don't know of the orignal version was ever released on CD...i've never found it). 2 or 3 of the song are different from the 1988 Jive release. I wanted 2 put them on CD but the condition of the record makes it so the the sound quality isn't that amazing. I'll probably get another one in the upcoming months. Congrats on the find!!

The original was released on CD, I have it. $25 from eBay.

I also have the original on Vinyl and the 1988 version on CD. Keep looking on eBay and they pop up every now and then.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Willie, i've been looking for the original version on CD for over 10 years. Nobody tha i've talked 2 has ever seen it and they say it only ever existed on vinyl. Just so have more hope...u gotta put up a pic of the CD version.

• 2 weeks later...

I never heared about that cd version before, too. All I know is that only the 1988 version by Jive was released on cd. Please, Big Wilie, put up a pic of your cd.

AJ, which vinyl has different track versions? The one with red cover from 1987 or the first one with grey cover? I only have the one with the red cover. And I couldn't hear any differences except the Girls song.

I had seen that cover before, but I thought it was just for the LP version of the album. Didn't know it was for the CD version too. Well, I didn't even know the original was also released on CD. I only have the original version on Vinyl.

Cheers 4 posting!

rthj.jpg

WOW i never seen that original version on cd before!!... hey Big Wille is the track listening the same as the 88'version?

Yeah, pretty much, just slightly different versions of some tracks.

The "Special Announcement" isnt on the original version though.