JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost And Found March 29!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Arial"][color=blue]I never paid much attention to the idea of Will having a new album coming out, and normally I would be madd crazy to hear the good news. hum, I must be losing it...

but in any case...I'm not gonna sit here and say I think its gonna be his best album ever...we always say that ,and the last tyme a couple of the fans were abit dissapointed with BTR...and with that sayd...

I'm looking forward to seeing just what he's been working on...GOD, im praying for him to make another 'chasing forever' song...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

[quote=3cookies,Aug 26 2004, 05:10 AM][font="Arial"][color=blue]I never paid much attention to the idea of Will having a new album coming out, and normally I would be madd crazy to hear the good news. hum, I must be losing it...

but in any case...I'm not gonna sit here and say I think its gonna be his best album ever...we always say that ,and the last tyme a couple of the fans were abit dissapointed with BTR...and with that sayd...

I'm looking forward to seeing just what he's been working on...GOD, im praying for him to make another 'chasing forever' song...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font][/quote]
But The Born To Reign album isn't so bad, I like the album, it's pretty good, I can rock wit' his flow on da album :rock:

• Admin
[b]He is also planning to release a new album worldwide in January. [/b]

Will Smith
07/09/2004 13:43 - (SA)

Tokyo - As long as the crowds keep coming, actor Will Smith will be ready to ride the red carpet.

Two months after I, Robot, his latest hit, opened in theatres across the United States, Smith was in Tokyo on Tuesday for yet another gala premiere.

And it wasn't even his last.

"When people are enjoying the movie, you don't ever want to stop doing premieres," he said in an interview. "You want to be going to different cities and countries and continents all over the globe. We have another one in South Africa."

I, Robot, started off as another of Smith's trademark blockbusters.

Following up on such hits as Independence Day, Men in Black, and Bad Boys II, the movie quickly rose to bump Spider-Man II from the top box office slot in the United States after opening in July and has already grossed more than $100m.

The release time-lag means I, Robot has missed the summer season for Japan, which is typical. US movies often open several months later in Japan as local distributors uncork their own advertising campaigns, figure in local holidays and prepare the subtitles.

But Smith, who has a solid following here, said he expects crowds to connect to the movie's futuristic dystopia.

"It's a film that has a powerful story and an interesting concept at the centre, but also has the ability to capture the world audience," he said. "You never can say exactly why something works. I'm happy our films do well in Asia, but I can't say exactly why."

In I, Robot, Smith plays a detective in 2035 who suspects a robot has murdered the reclusive scientist responsible for technological innovations that have populated the world with machine servants vaguely resembling humans.

It's a physical role, heavy on the action - familiar territory for Smith.

"I started off as a comedian," he said. "But I look back at my life, and think, 'I've been doing a lot of action movies.' I'm 35 now. But I've got a few more years of action movies before my knees and my back stop doing it."

Smith said his next movie, tentatively titled Hitch, a romance comedy, is due out in February. He is also planning to release a new album worldwide in January.

"This is pretty much the first time in my career that I feel I can go in any direction," he said. "I'm looking for a really complete film. Movies with a great character at the centre, but one that will also have big wonderful ideas connected to it. Powerful performances, powerful story."

And, of course, it must "make tons of money at the box office".

Edited by Ilse Arendse

[url="http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Abroad/0,,2-1225-1243_1585000,00.html"]http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment...1585000,00.html[/url]