JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith on Wild Wild West

Bernardo

For started www is funny (why do i try and defend this movie, it never works). "dont be stuffing a mans private things into some hole" haha, it gets me everytime. Plus i get to stare at Will in that cowboy suit for a few hours. Seven pounds = boring, until the last 10 minutes. That salmon t shirt does nothing for me, Will in chaps does. :thumbsup:

At least get the quote right in the argument...

"You can't just ram a man's personal things into some hole like that"

Must've been very memorable :stickpoke:

Having said that, I did prefer 7P to WWW, but I'd probably watch WWW more often. Its probably the WS movie I have seen the most times, whilst still being the movie I like the least. I cant figure it out why, hit me up if anyone else has an idea.

:lolsign:

I agree with what you said. And the answer to your question must be Salma Hayek :gettinjiggywitit:

Nah, just kidding. Probably it's because it's easy to watch and keeps you entertained.

Julie, you only said why you prefer WWW, but that doesn't mean it's better than 7P. "Will looks cooler as a cowboy than as a depressed man" is not a valid argument for me. The quality between both movies is pretty different.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 7 pounds must be the slowest movie ive seen in years, the plot doesnt even intrigue u, it just surprises u that it just doesnt end up how u think it would. WWW is more entertaining, has a faster pace, brings new stuff and u can enjoy some of Will's swagga there, it just isnt present in 7 pounds.. the two movies are different enough to limit any kind of comparation, but I can watch WWW 10 times more than 7p even without Salma on it, and thats a lot said...

BOARD FIGHT!!

I actually like ...Bagger Vance. I love the message and it inspires me everytime i watch it. FP has some amazing lines in that movie.

I like Wild Wild West. It's just silly and fun. Alot of it was creative and quirky yet packaged in a way that a mainstream movie audience would still accept it.

Seven Pounds is an amazing and heavy movie 2 me. The idea of a tortured man who can't forgive himself and appoints himself as an angle on earth with a mission is just an amazing and selflish concept 2 me.

As far as i remember, WWW is the only movie he has really made fun of over the years. When speaking about ...Bagger Vance i remember him not knocking the movie but saying that it and Bagger Vance probably weren't appealing 2 his "black" audience because they saw a black character in those roles during that time.

The movies i enjoyed the least were easily I Am Legend and Hancock.

WWW is more entertaining, has a faster pace, brings new stuff and u can enjoy some of Will's swagga there, it just isnt present in 7 pounds..

Would you really expect a drama based around a suicidal man to be fast paced and the main character to have the swagga of a multi millionaire superstar? For me, the fact that Ben/Tim doesnt have evidence of the WS swagga proves further how good a performance it was.

The 2 films are totally incomparable. Its just about what you like most. Personal tastes doesnt define the quality of the movie.

And for BaggerVance. I loved it. The argument for not liking it is usually "its about golf". And if that is the case you seriously missed the point of the movie. Golf is just the catalyst for a much deeper message.

I actually like ...Bagger Vance. I love the message and it inspires me everytime i watch it. FP has some amazing lines in that movie.

And for BaggerVance. I loved it. The argument for not liking it is usually "its about golf". And if that is the case you seriously missed the point of the movie. Golf is just the catalyst for a much deeper message.

I'm with you, guys. 'The Legend of Bagger Vance' was a great movie for me. Loved it. Shame it's so underrated.

Edited by Ale

i love how some people are taking this very seriously, come on guys i dont expect anyone to agree with my opinion on www. i saw this film when i was 15, i enjoyed it then and i still enjoy it now, like AJ said its silly and fun.

Ale, Will doesnt look cooler, he looks sexier but i dont expect u to understand that.

And Big Willie, i got a quote wrong, probably bcoz i havnt watched the film in like 3 years. I watch my favourite things less often as it keeps them fresh. Not knowing the EXACT words to it is a good thing.

In my opinion seven pounds, bagger vance and six degrees are the only Will films i can fault, but thats just me, if people enjoyed these films thats great.

i love how some people are taking this very seriously.

I love how some people say that when they see their argument breaking down.

And Big Willie, i got a quote wrong, probably bcoz i havnt watched the film in like 3 years. I watch my favourite things less often as it keeps them fresh. Not knowing the EXACT words to it is a good thing.

Ok then, I forgive you.

Ale, Will doesnt look cooler, he looks sexier but i dont expect u to understand that.

My prediction on Ale's response: Changing cooler to sexier still doesnt make it a valid reason for me.

Edited by Big Willie

Honestly i dont care if its a valid reason or not, like i said i dont expect anyone to agree with me.

I never really had that much of an argument to break down in the first place, like i said your taking it too seriously. Lighten up, everything i say about www i say in jest coz i know people dont like the film.

If u wanna be right all the time then fine, u win the argument, here have a trophy. i hate www and thoroughly enjoyed seven pounds.

Honestly i dont care if its a valid reason or not, like i said i dont expect anyone to agree with me.

I never really had that much of an argument to break down in the first place, like i said your taking it too seriously. Lighten up, everything i say about www i say in jest coz i know people dont like the film.

If u wanna be right all the time then fine, u win the argument, here have a trophy. i hate www and thoroughly enjoyed seven pounds.

I think that proves you're taking it more seriously than you let on :lol:

When you make a comment like "Seven pounds was way worse then www too, but its far too new for him to say it was bad yet"... the reason has to be a bit more than "he wears chaps". It doesnt make you're opinion on 7P or WWW wrong, just dont be surprised when people question it.

Edited by Big Willie

My prediction on Ale's response: Changing cooler to sexier still doesnt make it a valid reason for me.

Dude, you know me pretty well! :lolsign:

Ive had some previous experiences with you're debating methods, wouldnt you say? :lolsign:

Ive had some previous experiences with you're debating methods, wouldnt you say? :lolsign:

Haha, yeah. I dont know if that's good or bad though :lolsign: