JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith on Wild Wild West

Bernardo

• Members

I was reading the Wikipedia article on Wild Wild West, and they included a section of an interview that Will Smith did when promoting Seven Pounds in which he apologizes to Robert Conrad for the movie:

Hancock may not be your favorite but hopefully, other than Wild Wild West, it's not the worst movie you've ever seen. I made a mistake on Wild Wild West. That could have been better. ... [interviewer: "...how would you feel about seeing The Fresh Prince hit the big screen?'] When there's a Fresh Prince movie, I hope I'm so far buried under something [laughs]. No, it's funny because I could never understand why Robert Conrad was so upset with Wild Wild West. And now I get it. It's like, 'That's my baby! I put my blood, sweat and tears into that!' So I'm going to apologize to Mr. Conrad for that because I didn't realize. I was young and immature. So much pain and joy went into The Fresh Prince that my greatest desire would be that it's left alone. But I'm sure some kid someday is going to be fantastic and it's going to be bigger than it was with me. And I'm going to be angry [laughs].

Source: Wild Wild West Wikipedia article

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wills worst movies:

1. WWW

2. MIB2

3. Hancock

The Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Six Degrees of Separation and Ali are Will's best performances...which doesn't have to mean that they are his best movies!

1. Independence Day

2. I am Legend

3. Men in Black

4. I, Robot

'Seven Pounds' is, IMO, one of Will's best movies. You can like it or dislike it, but you can't tell me it's worse than 'Wild Wild West'.

Everything in '7P' is better than in 'WWW': director, performances, script... Everything.

Completely agree ^^ Doesn't make any sense to me to say its worse than WWW. 7P is one Wills best performances in my opinion, but its one those films you either hate or love for the most part.

Edited by bart5

For started www is funny (why do i try and defend this movie, it never works). "dont be stuffing a mans private things into some hole" haha, it gets me everytime. Plus i get to stare at Will in that cowboy suit for a few hours. Seven pounds = boring, until the last 10 minutes. That salmon t shirt does nothing for me, Will in chaps does. :thumbsup:

For started www is funny (why do i try and defend this movie, it never works). "dont be stuffing a mans private things into some hole" haha, it gets me everytime. Plus i get to stare at Will in that cowboy suit for a few hours. Seven pounds = boring, until the last 10 minutes. That salmon t shirt does nothing for me, Will in chaps does. :thumbsup:

At least get the quote right in the argument...

"You can't just ram a man's personal things into some hole like that"

Must've been very memorable :stickpoke:

Having said that, I did prefer 7P to WWW, but I'd probably watch WWW more often. Its probably the WS movie I have seen the most times, whilst still being the movie I like the least. I cant figure it out why, hit me up if anyone else has an idea.