Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men In Black III in Development

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Men in Black 3' Casting to Begin Soon, Names Being Thrown in the Ship

Columbia Pictures is officially having conversations regarding their third entry in the Men in Black franchise as we're being told by industry insiders that in addition to Jonah Hex cowboy Josh Brolin likely (still unconfirmed) to star, they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). Neither are locked, this should be taken strictly as rumor for now. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Igor, Idiocracy) wrote the screenplay. Shooting was originally rumored to begin this spring. The 1997 Men in Black grossed nearly $600m worldwide, while its 2002 sequel took in $440m. Why so long for another sequel? Who knows!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19388?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bloody-disgusting+%28B

Sacha is probably one of the funniest and smartest people ever IMO.

I really think he's also a fine actor as he portrayed in Sweeney Todd. I think he'd work well in MIIIB.

Of course the main thing is to get Smith and Jones back on board, priority no 1.

Without them they got nothing.

Edited by Typhoon20

Sacha is probably one of the funniest and smartest people ever IMO.

I really think he's also a fine actor as he portrayed in Sweeney Todd. I think he'd work well in MIIIB.

Of course the main thing is to get Smith and Jones back on board, priority no 1.

Without them they got nothing.

Totally agree.

Starting to like this idea more and more, get away from the Oscar chase and return to the series that really put him on the map in Hollywood. Like Brakes said, Classic FP.

Sacha would be great, doesnt get enough credit for his acting ability.

Edited by Big Willie

• 2 weeks later...

I was translating this from a reliable german movie source.

Borat as an alien in Men in Black 3

Published in the 3/10/2010, 09:50

Finally, we can call to You some occupation details to Men in Black 3. A crack is present – Borat of actors Sacha Baron Cohen an alien probably plays.

Tommy Lee Jones and wanting Smith in Men Black on alien hunt.

Science Fiction comedy – so is called the genre that 13 years ago reached his temporary climax. Men in Black sits enthroned till this day about the whole competition. Agent J (wanting Smith) and agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) went hunting in two films up to now Aliens through the USA. At least the first part inspired fans and critics, but commercially the continuation was also a success. For many years the rumour kitchen bubbles around the development of Men in Black 3. Now some journey comes to the Cast.

The insane psychopath Borat probably plays an alien Yaz. Or Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen negotiates Pictures about this role with Columbia, reports empire-on-line. The Yaz an alien is, is only one supposition, but she would fit to the Filmographie of the 39-year-old Briton. Jemaine Clement should be also given an offer for an unknown role in Men in Black 3 have. The 36-year-old New Zealander is an unused face in Hollywood. For the HBO Comedy series Flight of the Conchords he got four Emmys.

If the question remains after the well-known faces. Want Smith is most probably aboard. For Columbia Pictures the superstar is inalienable. If he had not signalled to turn the readiness, the third part, the doers would never have ordered a screenplay. This has already finished to etas Cohen which has already written the screenplay to Tropic Thunder.

His partner agent K whom Tommy Lee Jones acts is not probably present any more. The actor has announced several times, he has the snout fully from slimy aliens and cool sayings. His successor stands already in the pipeline. The principal character from No Country for Old Men, Josh Brolin, should become the new partner of wanting Smith. Direction probably leads again Barry Sonnenfeld who has landed no more box office hits since Men in Black. Borat could change this.

Though there remain many open questions to Men in Black 3, but in summer this year the shooting should begin. Probably with Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen. Already coaches your laughing muscles.

I think that the guy behind Borat is annoying. Period. I can't bare him 2 watch any of his stuff. Talent is totally absent in that guy. I hope he's not involved with the movie. If he is, I hope it's a very small role.

Edited by JumpinJack AJ