JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"The Obama Deception"

The Obama deception is fear mongering. I'm actually critical of Obama for not spending enough. I'm with Krugman on this one. And I think Nationalization is probably the better move than the bank rescue he planned. I'm gonna give him time on this one.

That said, Obama could have made the stimulus (while needing to be almost double it's 800B amount) more "stimulative" by directly focusing on infrastructure. The idea that contraceptives were considered stimulus by Pelosi just shows that neither party is the rational party.

And I think Nationalization is probably the better move than the bank rescue he planned

Nationalization is the worst thing one can do right now. It might make the numbers look better at first, but it never works out in a long term.

Really? I mean Geithner doesn't deny that the big assumption is that these assets have an actual intrinsic good value. The're toxic...which means this plan will just prop up their value...aka inflate. It's a leverage game that looks just like the type of 6 to 1, 12 to 1 leverage that got us here.

In any case, I hope the plan works, but if it doesn't it only makes it tougher to do what's necessary to fix the problem. Is that nationalization? Seems to be.

really people?

I find it funny, being someone who totally supported McCain, that I have more trust in Obama in this crisis to nationalize the banks and then send 'em on their way when they are righted.