JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Chris Brown Charged On 2 Felonies

Chris Brown has been charged with two felonies stemming from his alleged February 8th attack on Rihanna, Us Weekly reports. Specifically, he is facing assault by means likely to create great bodily injury and a felony charge of making a criminal threat. Brown will be arraigned at 3:30 pm today in Los Angeles. Given the nature of the charges and the severity of Rihanna’s visible injuries, Brown could face up to nine years in prison.

A leaked police search warrant published by TMZ today appears to provide more details about the couple’s argument that spiraled into violence Grammy night. According to the LAPD detectives’ notes on the document, the dispute between Brown and Rihanna began after she discovered a lengthy text message from another woman on Brown’s phone while the two were traveling in Brown’s rented Lamborghini. As the two verbally argued, Brown allegedly tried to push Rihanna out of the vehicle, but she was buckled in, so instead he hit her head against the passenger window. While he was driving, he punched her in the face numerous times, bloodying Rihanna’s mouth.

“I’m going to beat the [expletive] out of you when we get home,” Brown reportedly said to Rihanna (TMZ edited the note, so it’s unclear what term Brown used). The “Umbrella” singer then called her assistant to say, “I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there.” Brown allegedly replied, “You just did the stupidest thing ever. I’m going to kill you.” That last comment is likely what resulted in the criminal threat charge.

Brown recently reconciled with Rihanna, so it’s unlikely she’d testify against him. Even without Rihanna’s cooperation, between the photographs of Rihanna’s injuries and the police report of the incident, the district attorney has a pretty strong case. Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos is reportedly already exploring the possibility of a plea bargain.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...ears-in-prison/

Chris Brown's arraignment postponed

If convicted faces anything from probation to 5 years inprisonment.

Chris Brown and his attorney Mark Geragos did not enter a plea to the two felony charges. The judge granted Brown's request for a continuance to April 6th.

Chris Brown: Click to watch

It is unclear why they wanted to postpone the case -- possibly to conduct further investigations or possibly to strike a plea deal. We just don't know...

Based on our information, it seems Brown wants to avoid a trial at all costs because the picture of Rihanna taken one day after the incident -- which has not been seen anywhere publicly -- is unbelievable.

Brown, who stood emotionless in court, spoke only four words to the judge -- "yes," "yes," and "yes ma'am."

The judge admonished Brown in open court, saying "You are not to annoy, harass, molest, threaten or use force or violence against anyone."

The judge asked Rihanna's attorney Donald Etra if there was a "no-contact order" in place, to which Etra replied, "Miss Fenty [Rihanna] does not request such an order."

Etra is famous for repping Snoop Dogg in multiple court cases throughout the years.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/05/chris-brown-...-yet/5#comments

Edited by Big Willie

He will get out of the hook.. dont worry. Look at TI or Michael Vick who is already in his house..

Vick went to jail, yes he's finishing his sentence at home, but he went, TI is being sentenced end of the month, I'm not sure what point you're making because the two examples you gave didnt get off the hook.

Why do you want him to get off?

I don't understand celebrity worship. I know a girl that says he didn't do it, despite his admittance to doing so, the picture, etc.

Exactly, I've read comments saying stuff like "Dont lock my Chris up, I cant live without his music" and "Lock Rihanna up instead, no-one likes her music anyway". Teeny bopper syndrome.

Just lock him up, let him pay his debt to society and then maybe he can be forgiven.

Rihanna Attorney: "If required to testify, she will testify,"

Rihanna's attorney Donald Etra spoke to Entertainment Tonight following Chris Brown's court appearance Thursday in Los Angeles -- and he tells ET how Rihanna is doing and if she will testify in the case.

"If required to testify, she will testify," Etra told ET.

As for how Rihanna is doing now, Etra said, "She's recovering quite well and she's doing fine."

Etra also addressed whether Rihanna wanted a no-contact order, which would prohibit her from having contact with Brown.

He said:

"Rihanna opposed that. Rihanna was ok with the so-called level one protective order, which orders Chris not to annoy, molest or harass her. And Rihanna believes that was totally sufficient."

Brown's arraignment has been postponed to April 6.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71488/

• Members

Why do you want him to get off?

I don't understand celebrity worship. I know a girl that says he didn't do it, despite his admittance to doing so, the picture, etc.

I don't think it is about him being a celebrity. Some people would do the same thing if it was a family member or close friend. You can't convince all of the people all of the time.