JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rhianna & Chris Brown Back Together

Da Brakes

This could destroy not only Chris' career, but also hers. I'm not a big fan of Rihanna, but if I were I'd be really upset with her decisions.

The thing is though, thats only the case because of her celebrity status, women all over the world take their abusive partners back everyday, the only difference is, its not publicised. Just because she is a celebrity doesn't make the decision to take Chris back any different, it just means the criticism she gets will be more global and more widespread. It's ridiculous to think she will be punished in the public eye because of this.

Women who have been abused more often than not feel as if the abuse is their fault, and they have so low self esteem that they think the abusive relationnship is the only form of love they can get. So in part it becomes acceptable. The last thing Rihanna needs right now is everyone who supported her throughout the situation, now turning their back to her because she took him back. Thats not gonna do anything positive for her lack of self esteem.

I know what you mean, but if she weren't famous I'd criticize her too. If she was a girl I know or something I'd tell her she's stupid because she's doing exactly what she shouldn't do. Rihanna probably needs support now more than never, but she's the one who isn't helping.

Until she realizes she can't be with a guy like Chris (I repeat, if all these stories we have heard or read are true), then nobody can help her. She's the one who has to make the first step.

I know what you mean, but if she weren't famous I'd criticize her too. If she was a girl I know or something I'd tell her she's stupid because she's doing exactly what she shouldn't do. Rihanna probably needs support now more than never, but she's the one who isn't helping.

Until she realizes she can't be with a guy like Chris (I repeat, if all these stories we have heard or read are true), then nobody can help her. She's the one who has to make the first step.

I agree shes gotta help herself first, but a person in that siituation with that mindset is very hard to influence, so all you can do is support her and hope she comes to her senses. You dont have to be happy at the decision shes made, but it'll only make things worse for her if all she hears is people calling her dumb.