JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell me why Will is so great?

Claudia

Im not the greatest fan of them all, but the guy is charismatic and a really hard worker, a family man, he is funny and a nice guy and those are qualities I like to see in a person. His personality makes him great.

Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr. (born September 25, 1968) is an American actor, film producer and rapper. He has enjoyed success in music, television and film. Newsweek has called him the most powerful actor on the planet. Smith has been nominated for four Golden Globes, two Academy Awards, and has won multiple Grammys.

He is the only actor in history to have eight consecutive films gross over $100 million in the domestic box office as well as being the only actor to have eight consecutive films open at #1 on the domestic box office as a Lead Actor.

Smith started as the MC of the hip-hop duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, with his childhood friend Jeffrey "DJ Jazzy Jeff" Townes as turntablist and producer as well as Ready Rock C (Clarence Holmes) as the human beat box. The trio was known for performing humorous, radio-friendly songs, most notably "Parents Just Don't Understand" and "Summertime." They gained critical acclaim for winning the first ever Grammy in the Rap category (1988).

The two films (ID4, MIB) established Smith's commercial reputation as a bankable star whose appeal across age, race, and gender lines could "open" a film at the box office, a reputation Smith would begin to term a "Big Willie Weekend"

Smith is one of only two hip-hop artists to receive an Oscar nomination in an acting category (Best Actor, Ali, 2001), for his portrayal of the boxer Muhammad Ali, formerly known as Cassius Clay, in the biopic. He was again nominated for Best Actor Oscar for his role in another true-life movie, The Pursuit of Happyness, where he played Chris Gardner in his rags-to-riches story.

Edited by Jin

He is very charismatic.

He is very very talented in everything he do (music, movie,...).

He is here (famous, rich, appreciated) because he worked hard, not by chance.

He is very humble, available,... For example, on TV Show, he is like anybody, he is not like "I'm a star, so I don't laugh, I am here to make some advertising for my movie and that's all"."He laugh, he is close with the public (in a french TV Show, somebody tell him he like the "hello" (I don't know the english word :/) he did with Jazzy jeff in FPOBA, Will stand up and do the ove with the guy. Second example, always in french show, a girl tell him she like him, she love him, and Will stand up to kiss her. Maybe this is not extraordinary, but it is extremely rare)

These are the 4 principals reasons for me !

Edited by Romano338

I like him bcoz hes a fantastic entertainer in whatever he does. His music inspires me, it makes me laugh, dance and think. Like others said hes very charismatic, and unlike most hollywood stars he seems like a really nice guy. Instead of walking past fans he signs autographs, poses for pics and talks to them. And his fans are of all ages and races all across the world.

and as a woman i have to say hes the hottest 40 year old ive ever seen. :wickedwisdom: