JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Robinsons

SEALK

Production Weekly is reporting that Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and their three kids (Jaden, Trey and Willow) are set to star in a "Swiss Family Robinson" film.

Entitled "The Robinsons," the story will revolve around a family shipwrecked in the East Indies en route to Port Jackson, Australia.

Back in 2005, Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3) was brought onboard by Disney to helm a "Swiss Family Robinson" film, which was set as a tentpole movie. For some reason, things didn't go as planned, and the project was shelved.

At the time, Mostow was also attached to direct "Hancock" with Will Smith, but ended up taking on Bruce Willis' "Surrogates," which is set for release in September.

While we don't know if Mostow will be returning, I have a feeling that Disney will look to bring him back. He already has a relationship with Smith, he previously picked out shooting locations in Australia and has said that the 1960 version of "Swiss Family Robinson" is his favorite childhood film.

The Link to this article

Edited by SEALK

how accurate is that stuff on production weekly?

for some reason I don't see this happening.

Will's next movie has been announced, Jada's show just got picked up, and she's rumored to be doing another film towards the end of the year, seems like the karate kid thing with Jaden is going forward and as far as I know Will's said Trey's not interested in acting much. I could be wrong though.

@ Brakes: It's a old book, it from a swiss author I believe. There is also a movie, even a hollywood production I think.. just old. It's about a fammily that shipwrecks and lands on a island that seems to have no people on it. they buy a house and stuff untill some people show up. I dont know the exact story anymore, but its good.. Just not for Will.

Edited by Turntable

• 2 weeks later...