JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What do you think about the A-Rod Scandal?

VIsqo

Wow, what an interview with Peter Gammons from ESPN. It brought me to tears.. here is the interview with Alex and the transcript..

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3895281

Edited by VIsqo

Baseball really has lost a lot of credability with a lot of these legends getting caught using steroids while the players that're clean and work hard have a hard time staying on their teams, it's a damn shame

Yeah it's hard to feel too sorry for a multi millionaire that puts steroids in his body

Well, it is hard, but this situation brings u human nature at its simplest form. A multimillionare player, the best one actually in a league full of stars, apologizing for something he did 6 years ago, and actually meaning it.. Alex is Dominican. I talked to him least year in one of his visits here, and he seems like a really nice guy and is one of my fave platers in the world regardless of being a player for the team I hate the most in the world. Its sad to see him go through this difficult situation. I dont like shaudenfraude or however it is spelled, I dont get happy when something this bad happen to anybody..

Actually Alex isnt the only one affected by this. The press is going to make, and is making Baseball hurt for his doings.. They keep pushing on it and pushing on it. But he is going to play even better now than ever to show people he means business and that he really didnt need using them drugs to be a better player..

The sport should hurt for this, whats the point in having a drugs test if the results are kept secret until 6-8 years later. The point of the drugs test is to dwindle out the "cheaters". Not let them get away with it until the press catch wind of the results. He still has been and will be a great player, but his legacy is partially tainted by this, much like Barry Bonds' is.

The tests that year werent take for that. The reason they made those tests was to see if there were enough players involved in using sustances to start taking measures with that. They found out there were 104 from 1200 players tasted so they decided to take measures with that, but they had an agreement with the players union that these names of this first tests were not gonna be published, but from 2004 on whoever got positive in a test was going to be published and sanctioned.

The thing is that revealing the names on that list may be a criminal act and the person that involved ARod in this can be criminally charged. Anyways, I still think that he did the best thing along with Petite by admitting he did, and not having the problem that Tejada and Bonds and Clemmens are facing right now...

Seriously man, Roidriguez doesn't get any sympathy. A-Fraud cheated, so A-Fraud lost any credibility. The sport should hurt. That's the reality. If I found out Ryan Howard did drugs, I'd want him out of the league. He'd disappoint me so much to be his fan that I wouldn't want him to show his face. I can't see how anyone can be pleased with A(nabolic)lex.

The dudes made half a billion dollars by cheating... He just signed a 10 year 300 million dollar contract. This sends a bad message to kids out there.

You damn right, this is disgusting especially in times like these when the average fan's losing their job and can't pay their mortgage