JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Your favourite movie

Romano338

What is your favourite movie with Will Smith ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite movie with Will Smith ?

• Bad Boys
    • Independance Day
    • Men In Black
    • Enemy of the State
    • Wild Wild West
    • Ali
    • Men In Black II
    • Bad Boys II
    • I, Robot
    • Hitch
    • Pursuit of Happyness
    • I Am Legend
    • Hancock
    • Seven Pounds
    • Other (Made in America, Six degrees of Separation...)

I just watched Jersey Girl, Will Smith play 5 minutes in this movie, but I wanted to watch it (and I was bored, so I watched it).

It is not a bad movie !

It's quite funny to see Will's story all along the movie : first he lost his job because of what he said about FP, then the girl want to rent MIB, and finally, he decide to go to his daughter's show after talking with Will !

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Jersey Girl, Will Smith play 5 minutes in this movie, but I wanted to watch it (and I was bored, so I watched it).

It is not a bad movie !

It's quite funny to see Will's story all along the movie : first he lost his job because of what he said about FP, then the girl want to rent MIB, and finally, he decide to go to his daughter's show after talking with Will !

Will's role was originally written for Bruce Willis. He was the actor that the director, Kevin Smith, wanted. But Bruce never called him back.

I didn't dislike 'Jersey Girl', although I don't consider Ben Affleck a good actor.

It is not a bad movie !

Will's role was originally written for Bruce Willis. He was the actor that the director, Kevin Smith, wanted. But Bruce never called him back.

I didn't dislike 'Jersey Girl', although I don't consider Ben Affleck a good actor.

Bruce Willis, it was for Will Smith ?!

Ok, I thought it was for Ben Affleck, because I read "The princicpal role was initially for Bruce Willis", so I thought it was B. Affleck !

No, I meant... Will wasn't supposed to be in the movie initially. The director wanted Bruce Willis to play his role, this is, Bruce making a cameo like Will did.

You can read part of the interview with Kevin Smith here:

Who was your backup celebrity if Will Smith didn't agree?

It wasn't written for Will Smith. It was written for Bruce Willis. He was the first guy. So Will Smith wound up becoming the backup celebrity because Bruce Willis never called us back. And the movie was then set from 1986 to 1994 and the press conference was a big Bruno press conference when Bruce Willis became Bruno. I guess he didn't have a sense of humor about that, so we lost out on him. Freed us up to move the second half of the movie in the present, then I kind of counted back seven years, Gertie's age, to see what was going on in the pop cultural musical landscape at the time. And I noticed that Will Smith wasn't Will Smith at this point. He'd done Fresh Prince and he'd done "Bad Boys" but he hadn't done "Independence Day." And to me, at that point, he was always D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. So I wrote that scene and then we got in touch with him and he liked it and boom, he was onboard.

Source: http://movies.about.com/cs/jerseygirl/a/jrsyks031704.htm

Edited by Ale

Why don't you like Bruce Willis man? I love him.

IMO, he has amazing movies, such as 'Die Hard' (all of them), 'Armageddon', 'Tears Of The Sun', 'Unbreakable', 'The Sixth Sense', 'Jackal', 'Twelve Monkeys'... and I could go on and on. I liked his role in 'Pulp Fiction' too :smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Top 3:

Independence Day

Bad Boys

Pursuit Of Happyness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That movie was pretty bad. I haven't watched it since the 1st time I watched (and I own it). I remember thinking that FP's scene was my favorite scene in the movie...regardless of of being a supporter of his.