JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Sony wants to put control "back in the hands of creative talent”

analogue

assigned singer-songwriter Amanda Ghost in charge of Epic Records. at least they're admitting to and confronting such a problem that's been a big part of the reason of the decline in substance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7867475.stm

Quote:

Epic Records, the home of stars like Michael Jackson and George Michael, has named British singer and songwriter Amanda Ghost as its new president.

Epic's parent company, Sony, wanted to put the music business "back in the hands of creative talent", said Ghost.

"I'm not a conventional choice as an executive in the music business, but it is testament to the new mood at Sony where content is now king.

"I'm here to draw on my experiences as an artist, songwriter and producer to make the new and existing artists signed to Epic as brilliant and successful as possible."

She will be responsible for overseeing the management and creative direction of Epic, which also counts Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, The Fray, The Script and Ozzy Osbourne among its signings.

well, lets see what it does now.. All of u criticized Jay Z when he was in charge of Def Jam, even when he did some awesome signings and put in business some of the greatest stars in R&B right now..

It's about time. Sony ruined Will Smith. Sure, "Big Willie Style" they did an awesome job with. However, Willenium came out, and the offical 2nd single following 'Will 2K" was supposed to be "So Fresh" (video was done and everything - thanks to Will) and Sony just didnt care about it) and then "Freakin it" ..if "So Fresh" and probably "The Rain" (after freakin it) or "Holla Back" came out..Willenium could've done much better. And lets not even talk about "Born to Reign" ..tracks such as "How Da Beat Goes", "Give Me Tonite" and "Act Like You Know" all say top 10 hit all over them. Ridiculous. Sony is horrible.

Yeah it's just a bunch of BS, wack music can't sell no more so that's why they're saying this