JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Girls, Parents and a Nightmare

Schnazz

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Willennium thing was just a mistake. They probably recorded the Jaden thing well in advance. And when it came to actually putting the album together, things just got a little mixed up. Edited by the real big willie

What exactly is the ?uestion about "Willennium"? If it's about "Holla Back," the song waz completed after "Willennium" waz finalized. It's one of his best songs ever in my opinion...they should have held out and put it on the album. Columbia wanted their jiggy top 10 trax tho' so they were happy with stuff like "Will 2K" and "Freakin' It." Good songs, but nothing compared 2 most of the album.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 7 2004, 04:31 AM]What exactly is the ?uestion about "Willennium"? If it's about "Holla Back," the song waz completed after "Willennium" waz finalized. It's one of his best songs ever in my opinion...they should have held out and put it on the album. Columbia wanted their jiggy top 10 trax tho' so they were happy with stuff like "Will 2K" and "Freakin' It." Good songs, but nothing compared 2 most of the album.[/quote]
The question about Willennium is..why did they put that interlude where will says "i got some hot tracks, i got the rain, i got uuhhh" after that "uuuhh" had already played!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote=fan 4ever,Sep 7 2004, 10:44 AM]The question about Willennium is..why did they put that interlude where will says "i got some hot tracks, i got the rain, i got uuhhh" after that "uuuhh" had already played![/quote]
They put that interlude on there cuz FP didn't want "Wild Wild West" on the album. He said in an interview that "WWW" wazn't gonna be on the album. It waz on the WWW soundtrack and he didn't wanna futher mix his movies with this real music. Since Columbia's iron fist insisted the hit be on the album, i think FP recorded this interlude 2 kinda poke fun at the situtation. Think about it "people already heard that."

I thought it was so clever how FP did that parody of Columbia and used Jaden. If only Columbia had some brains and kept movies and music seperate.

The house mix was horrible. It was just the song kinda compressed. Nothing hot here. I like "Freakin It" and the video is fly but with that sample it sounds too pop but the lyrics are insane.

• Admin
[quote=Da Brakes,Sep 30 2004, 10:29 AM]I've never really noticed the sample being used before! What other songs has it been used in?[/quote]
its been used in a heap of songs..and a lot better!! check out heavy d- the lovers got what you need!!! thats how trackmasters should have used that bassline!!!