JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What new-ish artists are we liking?

rhythm bandit

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Well..i 'was' feelin Kanye pretty good, until I heard alla the mess about him charging that church 30 thousand bucks just to see him fart. LOL...j/kiddin...

but,...asides that,,yea...i d say Kanye....oh, Timbo, do u know how Debra is doing on the charts??? man i gotta get this pic to Rhythm that he had me 2 draw 4 her...its still sittin on my easel...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

I don't have Kanye's album, but I respect what he's done. He's a good artist. Just hope he stays on da right track, and grows as an artist. Just don't become a Puffy, Diddy, whatever u wanna call it.

Jojo is cool too. I just don't want 2 see her tryna act older than what she is.

I don't really feel any "NEW" artists. But the new ones I've been exposed 2 and like R...

Hieroglyphics (the 2 songs Hero1 told me bout is good enuff)
Talib Kweli (feel his vibe, and touch 2 reality as an artist)
Da Brakes (got a new feel of music. i can get away from the crappy USA hip hop that'z on too much)
KRS One (slowly but surely, he'll become too familar in my brain)

[font="Arial"][color=blue]I also like Goapele...I found out abt Goapele an dHieroglyphics from Timbo a coupla years back actually////so altho not so 'new' to me,...still new because only until this year sometyme, have I heard the radio talkin abt Goapele...

Hey mfuqua,...i see u got DaBrakes in your 'prop' list...haha thats cool. I think I've heard one or two of his joints,...and it was cool. Good luck DaBrakes, dont 4 get us little ppl when u make it big up there and ull be chilliN with Will n Jeff...

just make sure u do a shoutout to the fans on the JJFP board, and mention our names... :clap: thats spelled ... 3 c-o-o-k-i-e-s. :kekeke:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Shanice isn't new at all. She came out in the late 80's. :roll: In 1991 she had a big hit with the jam "I Love Your Smile" (which is when i became a big fan of hers). In 1993 she dropped "21...Ways To Grow" which is a dope album. It had the hit single "Somewhere"...she came back in 1999 with "Everytime I Close My Eyes" and "Yesterday." Since then she hasn't made much noize but in 2001 she sang on a track on Kenny Lattimore's "Weekend" album.

I've only heard a song or 2 by that Marron 5 group, but i really like one of their songs. Infact, most of the rock songs that were nominated 4 awards at the VMA's are songs i would listen 2 when i'd hear them come on the radio.

"She Will Be Loved"...i probably heard the others but don't know the titles. I'm not a big fan of rock music, but i hear alot of popular rock stuff whenever i put on my local Top 40 radio station mixed in with other stuff i listen 2 (and stuff i don't wanna listen 2).