JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Salary History

Da Brakes

I wouldn't normally post things like this but its pretty much common knowledge what Will earns per movie!

Just think Will got paid $20M for Hancock and with the deal he has of getting 20% of the gross he would have made $144M from that movie alone! :stars:

Salary (Hancock): $20,000,000 +20% of gross

Salary (The Pursuit of Happyness): $10,000,000 +20% of gross

Salary (I, Robot): $28,000,000

Salary (Bad Boys II): $20,000,000 +20% of gross

Salary (Men in Black II): $20,000,000 +10% of gross

Salary (Ali): $20,000,000

Salary (The Legend of Bagger Vance): $10,000,000

Salary (Wild Wild West): $7,000,000

Salary (Enemy of the State): $14,000,000

Salary (Men in Black): $5,000,000

Salary (Independence Day): $5,000,000

Salary (Bad Boys): $2,000,000

Salary (Six Degrees of Separation): $500,000

Salary (Made in America): $100,000

Salary (Where the Day Takes You): $50,000

• Admin

Well he only got paid 5 million for men in black and look how much Sony made out of that! He probably deserved to get that money for Hancock or even more considering he is the main reason for these movies successes

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting.

Lot of money for I, Robot :-O and a little drop for The Pursuit of Happyness !

Interestingly enough, he likely made more money off of Pursuit than he did off of I, Robot... Remember, his company, Overbrook, helped produce the movie... So Will personally got his salary, 20% of the gross, plus he benefited Overbrook financially as well.

• 9 months later...
Guest greek100

are you sure that gross participation means 20% of worldwide 630 mio gross revenue? half of the 630 mios goes to the cinemas, that means there are about 320 mio left. from that amount you have to pay the budget and advertising>150 mio....that means there are about 170 mio left....and if smith got 20% of 630 mio, that is 130 mio....so for the studio und disturbation left 40 mio.....sorry, that makes no sense, no studio-boss takes 40mio and let the star take 145 mio!!!!

i think 20 % of the 320 mio you have to take

are you sure that gross participation means 20% of worldwide 630 mio gross revenue? half of the 630 mios goes to the cinemas, that means there are about 320 mio left. from that amount you have to pay the budget and advertising>150 mio....that means there are about 170 mio left....and if smith got 20% of 630 mio, that is 130 mio....so for the studio und disturbation left 40 mio.....sorry, that makes no sense, no studio-boss takes 40mio and let the star take 145 mio!!!!

i think 20 % of the 320 mio you have to take

Will is the last movie star, nobody guarantees more boxoffice for hollywood studios. He can demand how much money he wants to, especially after the one year break now...the studio bosses can't wait to see his comeback. In 2007 he made 80 mio.

24 July 2008

Will Smith tops Hollywood earnings list with $80m payout

Will Smith has emerged as Hollywood’s top earner, earning a massive $80m (€51m) last year, new figures compiled by Forbes have shown, according to a report in New York Daily News.

Johnny Depp ranked second with a $72m paycheck, followed by Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers, who took home $55m each, said the report.

Cameron Diaz was Hollywood's leading lady last year with a $50m payout, while Keira Knightley pulled in $32m. Ex-"Friends" star Jennifer Aniston earned $27m.

The last true movie star, Smith can open a film at home or abroad. This year, he proved he's also critic-proof. His two movies, Hancock and Seven Pounds, were mostly panned by reviewers—but still earned a combined $795 million at the box office and helped Smith pocket $45 million.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/53/celebrity-09_Will-Smith_JRSR.html

I like seeing that he took a paycut for The Pursuit of Happyness...showing that he's not just about the money, but doing a movie he feels good about. It truely is ridiculous that actors make that much money to make a movie. It's crazy to think about all of the non-celebs who do just as good as a job (or even better) acting and are starving artists. Craziness.