JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: 'My Son Stopped me From Reviving Music Career'

Ale

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Men in Black star - whose hit singles include Gettin' Jiggy wit It, Just Cruisin' and Miami - was thinking about going back into music making until his 10-year-old son said he would look like an idiot.

Yeah, he looked like an idiot holding up that American Music Award.

The bottom line is that it's on his mind. There's music still in him. It's just going 2 be delayed.

Dare i attempt to anger you AJ.......

Yes,

I think you are in Denial.

Fair play to your attitude man. I'm trying to avoid this talk just cos i don't want it to bring me down.

Got other things in life that are going well so concentrating on them. Still hasn't stopped me spinning Willenium loads recently though :)

Look how awful things look for music. Especially Rap (look who's popular) and Hip-Hop (is anyone other than Common Sense and Lupe Fiasco popular?). After how "Switch" did, it's hard 2 imagin him releasing another single that didn't do at least as good as "Switch." There is no reason he couldn't come back and do better than L+F. The more i think about it, the more we need him more than ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

hey sorry just saw this topic. but the thing is, no matter how much music may need him, he doesn't need the music. its become quite clear since his movie career has grown and his music career has declined that he is an actor/rapper, not a rapper/actor. acting comes first. it kind of pissed me off to see him promoting lost and found and talking about how he felt like he was the rapper lost in the actor, then a few months later see him promoting pursuit of happyness and pretty much downplaying the whole rap aspect at all, pretty much saying, yeah i played with that agian but now its back to the art of acting blah blah.

it's also what the majority of the fans prefer about him.

yeah.. just check his album sales of his last two albums and his the number of people who watched his movies. i dont get why he makes movies ether.

What relevance has your post to do with the quote you selected ?

Are you trying to compare oranges and apples ?

Explain.

• Members

Will isn't going to be talked out of anything he really wanted to do. Even if it is his son. You can't cuss J, any son would probably not want his 40 year old dad to do music again. He probably has no idea how good it was. If Will's heart was in making a new album, he would do it. I just don't think it's in his thinking right now, in Will's mind these days is more 'Oscar Oscar Jada Oscar Obama Oscar Fatherhood Oscar Oprah Oscar emotional film project oscar golf oscar. The only way we will get a new and likely final album is if he re-thinks his more serious nature these days and decides to do something for some fun again. Which he may do, I'm sure he's still the same old Big Wllie at heart. You cna't blame a man for getting a bit carried away with 2 oscar nominations. Just to see Will Smith at his best in either discilpine would be a relief, but I believe in him...