JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: 'My Son Stopped me From Reviving Music Career'

Ale

• Admin

Cuss your mama??? Haha are you serious? AJ Is eternally hopeful or is as crazy as will at the moment... Let's not forget will is 40 we haven't got that much time left for him to change his mind.. Maybe if people keep asking him about the music as they do in all these interviews it will make him realize people want it

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way, when a new movie comes out the site has about 1 page of new posts a day. When theres a new album it has about 4-7 pages of posts a day. Its what we're all interested in so we'll talk about it, and im sure we'll talk about music like this until the end of Wills career.

Put it this way, when a new movie comes out the site has about 1 page of new posts a day. When theres a new album it has about 4-7 pages of posts a day. Its what we're all interested in so we'll talk about it, and im sure we'll talk about music like this until the end of Wills career.

I'm fully aware what the main interest is in terms of Will's career here. Belive it or not, I actually prefer his music to movies as well, but I feel no need to criticise his every move because he's not making a new album.

Someone needs to tell Jaden that he released Switch only 3 years ago and it was a worldwide smash that went double platinum! Maybe he didn't realise because he was only 7 at the time!

That's true and i also think that someone needs to tell Jaden that whenever Will does one of his one off performances people love it (Just look at the Nelson Madela performance he did in 2008) so people are still interested in his music

Edited by analogue

I think as well Will's decisions coupled up with us all growing up as well has played a major factor! There were a lot of people who used to be around and be regular posters who are AWOL at the moment! Jonny5 being one of the people that springs to mind!

I just feel a little cheated as a fan that he has said all of those things about music being his love and then in the next breath saying he has no desire for it at all. I can understand to some extent why he is doing what he is doing.. but I can't say I fully like it!

Yeh 2008 was abit of a farce for Will Smith telling us incredibly positive things about music. A Tour and a Single. Where the f**k were they?

Bring on 2009. I'm embracing it, so should the ever motivated Will Smith. If he wants to make a record he should do it. Turning 40 is changing him. Age Ain't nothin' but a number.

I would love for Will to come out with a record that is more mature with his age. It would be highly interesting to me to see how he'd go about it.

I think he's scared of the challenge.

• Admin

It's on his mind but he's happily dismissing it which just doesn't seem like will.. Even when he retired before he said it was because the rap world was at a stage that he didn't even think he fit in.. But here the two reasons he's given are his ten year old son told him

Not to..and his at the peak of his acting powers and he needs to do nothing but movies for the next ten years even though his last three movies I wouldn't call tgemcomplete creative successes

To be honest tho this latest statement has left me slightly more optimistic than the "no desire for music" one. When he said that it was like he had no cares for it at all, it was like he could make more music its just he didnt want to anymore. With this new reason, its more like he wanted to make music at least, its just he feels like people wouldnt want to buy it, as Jaden has sort of told him.

I still doubt he'll do it anymore, but he almost did make a new album, so he cant lack the desire that much.

Dude has gotta stop contradicting himself and stop messing us fans about. Simple as.

We need to learn not everything he touches turns to gold. There's a mean streak in there lol

I just think that right now Will is going by what other people tell him. People have probably told him so many times that he's a better actor than a rapper he's started to believe it and because of this he probably figures ''Hey since people think i'm a better actor than a rapper, i'll stick to making movies'' but if it was the other way around where people are telling him he's a better rapper than an actor then we'd probably be getting alot more albums out him

This is just a theory of mine