JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

7 pounds - Box Office Numbers

Hero1

Yo I don't care about box office ratings or critics personally, a good movie is a good movie to me. I haven't actually had a chance to see this (though I'm pretty sure I'll like it), Will should be proud of the work hes done even though he hasn't reached his ultimate goal yet.

Edited by bart5

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming in at number 2 is not a flop. Yeh by Will's standards its a drop but he's smart enough to have studied what was coming out and the marketing campaign for this film wasn't gonna sell it to a mass audience. The dude wanted a dark well acted film on his CV. Just a shame that didn't quite come together by the looks of reviews.

I'll go see it when it drops here in the new year and judge for myself.

• Admin

Of course the movie was a flop..the actuals are in and it only made 14.9 million that's the lowest attended movie of wills in years..studio expectations were for close to 30 million and Sony was expecting another pursuit with 160 million or so.. I am legend made close to 250 million in the us.. This will be lucky to get to 50

I just saw this today, and personally I really really liked it. I thought Will did a great job in my opinon, especially cause its something so different from what we're used to seeing from him. 7P was dope to me, because it made me actually THINK. Thats probably why it doesn't appeal to as many peeps, they want to be entertained without effort. It really made me think about how helping others out has such a powerful impact, plus it is one of the best feelings to truly help someone in need. Such a positive message and puts things perspective for real.

I don't know about ya'll...this is one I'm going to see again in the theaters with my mom cause I know she'll like it.

Sony were stupid to set such high targets then for the type of film this is.

Will alone can't fill that many seats without something decent to work with. It only works so far

I haven't seen the movie yet but I've been thinking and it doesn't look the kind of movie that a lot of people go to see for Christmas. January or February are better months for a movie like this. In my opinion much of the POH succes was because people wanted to see Will in the movie with his cute son.

Maybe the movie is a flop but sooner or later this moment had to come, Will can't be the box office king forever. I've been looking for the box office numbers and this weekend only made 83 millions when last year it made 154 millions so every movie is been a flop this weekend.

Ni Will Smith ni Jim Carrey seducen con sus nuevas películas a los norteamericanos.

http://www.cine.fanzinedigital.com/4214_1-...americanos.html

Sorry is in Spanish but I don't have time to translate it now...maybe Ale or Visgo...lol

But I hope from now then he makes big movies with big directors and good actors like Julie and Brakes say.

Edited by Sandy

Im with u, this one is not a movie for the holidays, theres a lot of factors that are responsible for it being that low on the box office name the weather, the type of movie, the poor orientation people have towards it, the global crisis, the competition, the time of the year, the change of pace, everything, oh and buen articulo sandy. gracias.

• Admin

They didn't release this movie in December for the holidays they released it now to try and win an oscar .. In fact they actually did a special deal that to make this movie Sony has to promote will and the movie for an oscar..lobbying ads etc.. The idea is u release it in december because that's right before all the academy members vote

They didn't release this movie in December for the holidays they released it now to try and win an oscar .. In fact they actually did a special deal that to make this movie Sony has to promote will and the movie for an oscar..lobbying ads etc.. The idea is u release it in december because that's right before all the academy members vote

It's true!! But it didn't work so all they have now is the box office...