JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Smiths Donate $1.3 Million To Charity

bea321

"of course he can do what he wants with his money, but dont expect me to agree with all he does man. i dont wanna tell him what to do with his money, its just that i dont respect it. i cant tell Mr. Bush what to do as the most powerful person in the world, but i still can judge and make my opinion about his politics. i guess you dont see the point here."

exactly, of course Will can do whatever he wants with his money, Ale u keep using this as an argument, we all know this but it doesnt mean we have to be happy about what he does with it. There are so many bad things going on in this world and there are a million charitys that could be chosen over scientology.

Anyway as far as whether he is or not, i dont know. Ok his tax records say hes given them this money BUT no-one here has seen those tax records, just a stupid celebrity website says they have.( i tried to look them up, but u gotta pay) I can sit here and type ive seen records of Wills finances, but that would be a lie.

If he is a scientologist ive lost a lot of respect, i look up to that man. Or if he isnt, the media are doing a damn good job as destroying his career.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just defending the right of any person to do what he wants with his private life or with his money. Plus, some people are accusing Will without even having any proof. There are people who are just making judgements based on what they read, which can be true or false, and I find that pretty unfair.

And yes, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!! :wickedwisdom: :thumbsup:

Edited by Ale

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in a few of you. We have Will donating 450K to Christian churches and charities, yet people only seem to want to talk about the money he gave to Scientology offshoots such as the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund... a horrible program that I'm sure everyone has had scary encounters with, and ABLE... a group that focuses on Drug Rehabilitation and prisoner reform (another horrible, scary group).

Let's call this what it is... people aren't really concerned that Will is a member of the Church of Scientology (we all know he's not). People are afraid that he will tarnish his image by associating with them.

Of course, the problem with this is that the media is unreliable... so that should be taken into account.

Maxfly do you think his image should be tarnished by donating 50,000 to Hollywood scientology centre?

I don't... certainly not when I see him donating 9 times as much, 450,000, to Christian ministries. Why isn't he being lauded for that, incidentally? Where's the headline, "Will Smith donates hundreds of thousands to Christian ministries."

I think people are allowing the media to manipulate them. This is right in line with Will having an open marriage or him saying that Hitler was a good person... both perversions of the facts. Where's the focus on what the money he donated is being used for?

I too would prefer that Will, if only for the sake of his career, stay away from all things Scientology related, however I think we're all too smart to be sucked into this foolish speculation based on what a third rate media publication finds important. For some reason, no one stops to ask, "Why do these gossip magazines and publications almost never write anything positive about the people who are featured in their articles?"

Incidentally, can someone post a copy of Will's '07 tax returns? I find this a little interesting because tax returns in the United States are not a matter of public record, so I wonder how this publication aquired the information on how much Will gave and to whom. I can't imagine why Will would release his tax returns... he's not running for anything, nor is he part of a group that requires it. Can someone help me out with that please... A PDF of it would be good. Thanks in advance!

its not right when you save 10 people's lifes and have killed one person on the other side. you cant overlook and play it down, just because he donated 9 times more to christian churches. come on there are already known facts now. he has opened up his own private school for his kids with scientology teachers. now he has donated 50.000 to a hollywood scientology charity. just forget about one second that he's one of our idols, what he did and what he's doing is wrong man. he hangs out a lot with tom cruise and do you remember what Will once said on an interview? if you wanna know who you are, just have a look at the 5 closest people you surround yourself with and you'll know who you are.

and if you had studied scientology and how this organization works, you would have known that those people are after people, who are just like Will. People with selfesteem and ambition are the best candidates to be manipulated. everything just fits so perfectly. a lot of actors kept it secret, so why not Will?

its not right when you save 10 people's lifes and have killed one person on the other side. you cant overlook and play it down, just because he donated 9 times more to christian churches.

Not to state the obvious DefCEM, but this is a gross oversimplification. Again, we don't know what the money he donated will be used for nor do we know if the story is even accurate. For all we know, it may be going to a battered women's shelter or a program for disadvantaged children, if it is even true. Would you compare those initiatived to murder.

come on there are already known facts now. he has opened up his own private school for his kids with scientology teachers.

You're operating on old information. I'm not sure whether you missed that thread, but that issue has been resolved. He had a visit from a few members of Anonymous and he pretty much humiliated them and deaded all of their arguments infront of a number of people. Can someone provide a link to that thread for DefCEM.

now he has donated 50.000 to a hollywood scientology charity.

What does the charity do. Does it feed children? Does it clothe and provide shelter for homeless people? Does it help disadvantaged youth find jobs and educational opportunities? Because all of those things would be horrible...

just forget about one second that he's one of our idols, what he did and what he's doing is wrong man.

Well first, Will's not my idol. I don't worship nor do I fawn over people, so my judgement isn't clouded. If something is wrong, I'll call it wrong, and I'm not afraid to do so, regardless of who it is. But it's so interesting to see just how quick we are to call something wrong before we know all of the facts. Ironically, we've been here with these Will Smith threads before... For some reason, Will is always vidicated at the end though... We never seem to learn...

he hangs out a lot with tom cruise and do you remember what Will once said on an interview? if you wanna know who you are, just have a look at the 5 closest people you surround yourself with and you'll know who you are.

So the question remains... what kind of person is Will Smith. How has his association with Tom Cruise affected who he is in a negative way. Give me examples... he's done plenty of interviews of late, so it shouldn't be hard. You can tell what kind of person someone is by their fruits. And don't say that it's caused him to stop making music... lol.

and if you had studied scientology and how this organization works, you would have known that those people are after people, who are just like Will. People with selfesteem and ambition are the best candidates to be manipulated. everything just fits so perfectly. a lot of actors kept it secret, so why not Will?

Yup, Will is definitely being manipulated and used. You can tell by his interviews that he's become a puppet... :paperbag:

well maxfly, he is manipulated in that way that he is ready to give money to scientology. its not about for what kind of charity he gave the money for. its about the ethnic and spiritual intentions all those scientology foundations have. yeah, maybe this money is going to help indigent people, but that way, those people are going to be depended from scientoloty. its like they're going to be deeple indebted to scientology. its like missionary. you just cant take this whole situation so superficially. scientology acts and aims its goals on a mental level. and all those scientology charities do have the same goal. its all about "production" and recruiting new members, to destroy their lifes and making them dependend to the organization. married people divorce just after 6 weeks of auditioning, they break all their ties to their old environment, spend thousands of dollars. i hope you know what manipulating means, you change even though you dont realize it. Scientoloy knows how to tackle that. all those sessions and auditionings they do, manipulates your spirit in that way, that you feel strong and fearless. it starts with letting you make excersices which makes your body produce endorphins (f.e. stare in someones eyes for 2 hours), which cosequently makes you feel good. you gain a lot selfesteem and start to feel comfortable in that environment. they really studied the human body and spirit and know how to benefit from it. and to say that Scientology is to almost 70% 0r 80% just like the other religions is pure garbage and shows me that Will just tried to play that whole criminal organization down.

Will said he studied scientology and all the other religions, i doubt that, cause any normal person who's really into the facts would try to stay away from anything related to them.

and btw, scientology members are known to be obsessed of teaching people how great their life can beover and over again, by doing exactly the same they do. and for me Will is pretty damn obsessed in any way. if he's really in scientology, i dont know when he got into it, but that dude is going crazy.

maybe some of you should just inform yourselves about scientology, maybe then you'll see the patterns. the thing is that everything looks so good and positive, but in reality its nothing more that exploiting the human. you're nothing more than a machine/value. a tool they get to make it act out of self-determination, of which the organization benefits in the end. and when you become useless, they'll throw you away like a piece of trash.

btw, im not used to talk about such deep and meaningful topics in english, so my expression could be wrong in some places :)

Edited by DefCEM

Incidentally, can someone post a copy of Will's '07 tax returns? I find this a little interesting because tax returns in the United States are not a matter of public record, so I wonder how this publication aquired the information on how much Will gave and to whom. I can't imagine why Will would release his tax returns... he's not running for anything, nor is he part of a group that requires it. Can someone help me out with that please... A PDF of it would be good. Thanks in advance!

whether true or not, if you think about it Max, somebody *cough*foxnews*cough* always pulls a scientology link out of the bag around the release of Will's films, they did the same with Hancock and IAL. I too was wondering how they just happened upon his tax returns, I could care less what he spends his money on, I think at this point he could care less if his career suffers from any association, it's pretty obvious. Foxnews is so blatantly racist & biased i'm surprised they have any credibility, it's plain as day people are trying to "find" some kinda dirt or scandal where he's concerned, it's actually kinda pathetic, lol.

personally I wouldn't be bothered with the COS, but i'm not him, and I don't know all the facts, I take what I read on the internet with a grain of salt.