JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Smiths Donate $1.3 Million To Charity

bea321

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really, if he's really into all that scientology stuff, i'll stop following anything related to his person. Will is actually such an intelligent person, but with scientology he'll be nothing more than a criminal to me.

lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

People can do with their money what they want. It's not our business.

There is too much hate against Will Smith lately on this board, just because he hasn't released an album since 'Lost & Found'. Let's face it, Will now seems interested only in acting. Let's respect it. And let's not believe everything we read on the Internet about him, please. We don't even know if it's true or not.

You can dislike Will Smith as an actor, I understand that, but if you're gonna post a lot of negative comments about him all the time, then I don't see a solid reason why those "haters" waste their time on here. Seriously.

Many people still enjoy his movies and admire him, and that includes me.

haha don't worry Visgo, it must be something typical spanish I agree with him :-) But we have to respect other opinions like we have to respect Will's decisions about his money ( he isn't giving money to terrorists or something like that!)

Edited by Sandy

its not like, that i have to support everything Will does. i'm really upset with all that stuff he's doing recently. and as a long time JJFP fan i can speak freely about it. i dont see your point. and no, im not respecting what he's doing cause, its madness what he's doing by chasing after an oscar. he lied often to his fans and really i'm not really impressed by that.

Of course you don't have to support everything Will does, but you don't have to believe everything you read or hear either. Will has said many times that he's not a Scientologist, and you still think he is. You're just not listening to him, just believing what you want.

Now imagine Will Smith is not a Scientologist but he gives money to them. My question is: should that affect us as his fans? In my opinion, no. He can do with his money what he wants, I don't have a problem with that. Nobody should care about how he spends HIS money, but if you care and you don't like it then stop being his fan. It's that simple.

The title of this thread is "The Smiths Donate $1.3 Million To Charity". How many people are talking about that? Don't even answer.

Personally, I don't think that being a celebrity means that his money is everyone's business.

And I wouldn't tell you to stop being his fan if you at least would support him as an actor, but you said that Will Smith can't act, something I disagree with. It seems you're just a Fresh Prince fan, because if Will isn't making an album or rapping on stage with Jeff, you never support him.

That's what I think.

Edited by Ale

ale, you know what? you're a blinded fan man. first of all, i wouldnt consider anything at all related to scientology as a charity. and second this organization is criminal and Will Smith supports them. btw, give me one reason to believe what Will's saying, he lied to his fans, he didnt even make music even though he promised he'll be touring and making music for the next 8 months when L+F came out, just to name one example.

it sounds more like you're just a fan of him, because of his nice movies. i always looked up to that dude, how he handled his whole life. but that scientology crap is making me sick. i wasnt really a fan of his movies, but i supported him generally because of his character.

So all the people who follow Will Smith and think he's a good rolemodel are blinded fans 'coz he supports...I mean... you think he supports Scientology? I'm not a Scientologist, but I still think Will and every single person on the planet can do with his money what he wants. The day Will Smith says he's a Scientologist I'll apologise.

Let me ask you something: if Wil Smith can't act, why has he been nominated twice for Best Actor Oscars? Were his performances in movies like 'Six Degrees of Separation', 'Ali' or 'The Pursuit of Happyness' bad?

Edited by Ale

Well I think he is a pretty good actor, its just not our choice to pick the roles he plays because thats his decition and these are the roles he wants to be playing right now and this is the life he likes to live. I personally dont like him in these roles, thats why im not gonna see the movie, it doesnt mean that im not gonna continue supporting him in his career. He is giving a lot of money to charity people. Focus on the good things he is trying to do for the world and not in the few blemishes he could have ..

• Admin

I love how everyone is pretending the donations to Scientology aren't real.. These are his tax records!! I doubt he'd be making any incorrect statements with that especially after his problems with the IRS previously.. Now I've defended will on the scientology thing plenty of times before but giving 50,000 to the hollywood centre is not a good use of money.. I can think of plenty of people who need more money than Hollywood scientilogists

Peace guys, It's Christmas!!

I don't know for sure if Will isn't a scientologist or if he is or if what we read on the press is true or not. I believe him when he says he's not as I didn't believe him much when he said he was gonna tour with Jeff. All I know is what I see and he looks like a good person, I mean it doesn't matter what religion you follow if you can take the good things about it and not the crazy stuff because in my opinion EVERY religion has a 'dark side'.He's giving money to scientilogists? ok, maybe that's not charity but he's given money to other people who really need it too. You Know, for me you all are right, different opinions but I can understand everyone of you.

So please don't argue, it seems like every year for Christmas we have the same discussion.

Edited by Sandy

I know what you mean, Tim, but we don't know the reasons why Will has given his money to the Scientologists (if he actually has done that). This happened too when Will and Jada opened the school. People saying that they were both Scientologists because they used 'Study Tech' and then Will had to explain it all after the protests that some members of Anonymous had made. It's just the never ending story, and I'm tired of it.

If Will wants to give his money to those people because he thinks he's helping or he just wants to do it for the sake of it, I don't think he has to give any explanation about it. And if people don't like that, they can complain all they want until they notice that they're talking about Will's private life and they don't have the right to do that just because he's a celebrity.

Sandy is right, it always happens this when a new Will Smith movie comes out, and that's sad.

Edited by Ale

of course he can do what he wants with his money, but dont expect me to agree with all he does man. i dont wanna tell him what to do with his money, its just that i dont respect it. i cant tell Mr. Bush what to do as the most powerful person in the world, but i still can judge and make my opinion about his politics. i guess you dont see the point here.

man, you should inform yourself about scientology, those people can ruin your life if they want to. it looks like you're trying to play down what scientology is really about. thats the way it all starts and Will definately knows that he is influencing a lot of people's life and point of view as a rolemodel. it looks like its already working, you're the perfect example for that.

i will never ever support anybody and anything related to scientology, you get it? it could be my best friend or anyone else and yeah Will is loosing my sympathy. its so sad that he got into that circle no matter if he's a real scientologist or not. there are facts and you cant deny them.

Edited by DefCEM