JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rumor: Will says they're will be a Hancock 2...

Vipa

Will Smith 'Energized' To Make 'Hancock 2', Says Peter Berg

With director Peter Berg making the media rounds in support of his upcoming summer blockbuster "Battleship," there's plenty of talk about the nuts and bolts of the action-packed blockbuster that isn't "Transformers at sea", but also a few updates about the other projects Berg has cookin', like "Hancock 2."

Video!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/05/03/will-smith-hancock-2-peter-berg/

"There was a phone call. That’s movement. We had a phone call last week and [producer] Akiva [Goldsman] and Will Smith were on the phone. Everyone's got ideas, and everyone seems energized," Berg said.

"It's very encouraging. I'm just coming off a world tour for 'Battleship.' Will's coming off a world tour for 'Men In Black.' Everywhere we go around the world, ['Hancock'] is really loved," he continued. "In Korea and Russia and Tokyo and Australia, all over Europe, everyone wants to know about it, so it's definitely gotten us thinking."

Berg playfully refused to divulge any further details about the film or its possible storyline, but he did tell us previously that Smith was keen on exploring the relationship between Smith and co-star Charlize Theron's superhero/god characters, as well as what went down with them prior to the action in "Hancock."

"We're looking at exploring their relationship prior to when we first met them and seeing a bit of what happened as a prequel," Berg said. "I think we danced around the concept of an origins and we settled on something that is very substantive. That will part of the sequel."

Edited by Ale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Hancock is one of the more forgettable films to me. I'm just not crazy about a sequel. While the possibilities of where they can take it seem limitless, I'm not sure how they can make it good. The first one was only good/average in my opinion.

• 2 years later...

I saw this. I still don't think the first one was good enough to make a sequel. It's probably my least favorite FP movie.

-------------------------------------------------

Beyoncé To Star In Superhero Movie With Will Smith
By Sonya Eskridge

beyonce-chime-for-change1.jpg?w=630&h=37

Beyoncé is ready to return to the big screen, and she may just have signed on for a project with Will Smith!

Is Beyoncé about to become a superhero? According to IMDB.com, maybe!

Bey will be playing a character named Carly Kicker in Hancock 2. Not much else is known about the film other than the fact that Will is set to reprise hours 2008 role–not even the plot! We do know that Irene Bedard will play a woman named Knowles Neeson, and Adam Fierro is writing the screenplay.

This won’t be Beyoncé’s first movie, but this has the potential to be a very different role for her. She played a singer in Dreamgirls (not much of a stretch there), a singer/single mom in The Fighting Temptations, and a club singer/secret Agent in Austin Powers: Goldmember. We’re beginning to pick up on a theme here. She did briefly play a queen in the animated film Epic, though!

Queen B hasn’t spoken out on the part just yet, so fans will have to wait and see what her character’s storyline is all about. The nerdy part of us is really hoping she has super powers. Please don’t make her a villain, Columbia Pictures!