JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rumor: Will says they're will be a Hancock 2...

Vipa

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see how Hancock 2 could be a good step. I don't think the good one was. I'm up for FP trying new things...but he needs 2 do something close 2 his roots before his movie fans realize he hasn't been doing memorable movies in awhile.

I really don't see how Hancock 2 could be a good step. I don't think the good one was. I'm up for FP trying new things...but he needs 2 do something close 2 his roots before his movie fans realize he hasn't been doing memorable movies in awhile.

people have been saying this for a while now, the last movie of his I saw was I Am Legend. Hancock just looked stupid and Seven Pounds seemed too Oscar baity, I think it's choices like these that make people see him as more of a "movie star" than an actor (if you know what I mean), and when he does more dramatic movies it sometimes comes off as trying too hard (jmo).

Edited by MissAshley

looks like Will's career is taking a downhill trip. Hancock, Seven Pounds and now a sequel... Dude, make an JJFP reunion or Bad Boys 3/MIIIB.

Do you honestly think 'Seven Pounds' was a step back in Will's career and 'Men In Black 3' would be a step forward? Wow.

In movies like '7P' WIll shows how good an actor he can be. Same with 'Ali' and 'Pursuit Of Happyness'.

Edited by Ale

looks like Will's career is taking a downhill trip. Hancock, Seven Pounds and now a sequel... Dude, make an JJFP reunion or Bad Boys 3/MIIIB.

Do you honestly think 'Seven Pounds' was a step back in Will's career and 'Men In Black 3' would be a step forward? Wow.

In movies like '7P' WIll shows how good an actor he can be. Same with 'Ali' and 'Pursuit Of Happyness'.

I guess it depends on which MIB we're going to see.

The 1st MIB is Will Smith's 2nd best critically acclaimed movie to date. People really don't give it enough credit

but MIB is a classic. It is the 80's Ghostbusters. MIB was a huge step forward for Will's career.The 2nd one wasn't good I'll give you that.

7P may not have been a step backwards but it also wasn't a step forwards.We're speculating on this movie or that movie but frankly it isn't as much about what genre/movie Will is making it usually is about which writer/director we're going to see for that movie.

The 1st MIB is Will Smith's 2nd best critically acclaimed movie to date. People really don't give it enough credit

but MIB is a classic. It is the 80's Ghostbusters. MIB was a huge step forward for Will's career.The 2nd one wasn't good I'll give you that.

7P may not have been a step backwards but it also wasn't a step forwards.We're speculating on this movie or that movie but frankly it isn't as much about what genre/movie Will is making it usually is about which writer/director we're going to see for that movie.

I've always admitted that MIB was a great movie even though I never liked it. But 'Men In Black' 3? Now? Is it necessary?

For me it's a BAD idea, especially since what they did with the second movie..

I think the best director Will has worked with is Michael Mann. He's 1 of my all-time favorite directors for many reasons ('Heat', 'Collateral', 'The Insider', 'The Last Of The Mohicans'...). But yeah I'd like 2 see Will working with better directors too. That's why I want him to make 'Oldboy' with uncle Steven.

EXCLUSIVE: Peter Berg Reveals More 'Hancock 2' Plot Details

On Thursday we broke news that Will Smith and Charlize Theron will be returning to superhero land for "Hancock 2," the sequel to 2008's blockbuster original. Today we come bearing gifts in the form of exclusive story details about the upcoming movie.

Director Peter Berg has told MTV News that "Hancock 2," while picking up after the events of the first film, will delve deeply into a prequel/origin story that will reveal fresh info about [spoiler Alert!] the connection between the immortal god/superheroes played by Smith and Theron and how they came to be living in modern day Los Angeles.

"We're looking at exploring their relationship prior to when we first met them and seeing a bit of what happened as a prequel," Berg said. "I think we danced around the concept of an origins and we settled on something that is very substantive. That will part of the sequel."

Following on the $600-plus million dollar success of "Hancock," it took filmmakers a considerable amount of time to find a compelling way into a sequel. But they settled on an outline at the beginning of the summer and then hired writers: Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara, who have written for shows like "The Shield" and "Dexter."

"It took us a while to start breaking a story that made sense to all of us," said Berg. "We finally did that about three months ago and hired writers immediately. Hopefully we'll have a script soon. It's something everybody's anxious to get involved with."

With writers who have worked on TV shows with tones and plotlines that are far grittier than anything we saw in "Hancock," will the sequel become a darker film than the original? Berg said we should expect the same mix of laughs and emotion.

"One thing we tried to do with the first one was balance comedy with more muscular drama, some would say to mixed results," the director said. "Obviously there were some critics who were not entirely down with that tone. But we believe in it—that we can find both. With Will Smith you get that rare talent who can do broad comedy and is also capable of real emotional drama. We wanted writers who we felt could capture both of those tones."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/09/11/exclusive-peter-berg-reveals-more-hancock-2-plot-details/

I've always admitted that MIB was a great movie even though I never liked it. But 'Men In Black' 3? Now? Is it necessary?

For me it's a BAD idea, especially since what they did with the second movie..

I think the best director Will has worked with is Michael Mann. He's 1 of my all-time favorite directors for many reasons ('Heat', 'Collateral', 'The Insider', 'The Last Of The Mohicans'...). But yeah I'd like 2 see Will working with better directors too. That's why I want him to make 'Oldboy' with uncle Steven.

Yeah Mann is awesome, same goes for Steven. I hope he works more with these type of A list directors.

His career will become much much better than it already is and so will the quality of his movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Bateman talks HANCOCK 2

Less than a month ago I spoke with Jason Bateman and managed to get updates on “Hancock 2″ and “Arrested Development”. At the time, nothing had been officially announced regarding a “Hancock” sequel, and Jason didn’t think the story had any substance. But in the past month, Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara have been hired to write the screenplay, and Variety reported “Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman are gearing up to reunite for the sequel to Columbia Pictures’ “Hancock,” with Peter Berg set to helm the action-comedy.”

But earlier today when I covered the “Couples Retreat” international press day for our partners at Omelete, Jason told me, “I don’t know where that writer gets their information from as I haven’t been contacted, nor have my representatives.

In this video, Jason addresses the “Hancock 2″ story.

http://www.collider.com/2009/09/22/jason-bateman-talks-hancock-2-arrested-development-and-reveals-what-he-got-as-wrap-gift-on-paul/

Edited by Ale

I don't think MIIIB would be a step back as long as the script is as good as the 3rd. The 2nd one wasn't bad, it was just average. If they aren't gonna make the 3rd one any better than the 2nd, then they probably shouldn't bother. I think Seven Pounds was a good movie. My only problem is that his last 3 movies were I Am Legend, Hancock, and Seven Pounds. None of them are amoungst his best, funniest, or most entertaining. I like that he does different things but he needs 2 spread out those kinds of movies in between ones on the level of his best movies.