JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne leads '09 Grammy nominees with eight

VIsqo

I'm with Luigie and Turntable, who the hell gives a damn about a f'in Grammy and what everyone else likes, it ain't gonna stop me from enjoying what I like

I can't remember the last time i was excited for anything Hip-Hop related when it comes 2 award shows. The Grammys used 2 only care about the art of music. They didn't let people vote or let sales effect thing. They only cared that the music got some kind of buzz. That's why they sometimes have album cuts nominated. It seems that things have changed.

Lil' Wayne is not Hip-Hop. The panel rarely has any idea what's Hip-Hop and what's not...what's good and what's bad. Yes, i want good music and good artists nominated. 2 stay sane i just have 2 tell myself "who cares?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

as long theres artist that drop good stuff and i can listen to it thats cool with me, the whole world cant have my music taste.

all i have 2 say is that if lil wayne got 4 awards dont hate he got em bcuz he deserved them and if lil wayne is big right now that's also 4 a reason 4 his hard work dnt hate deal wit it cuz he da ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as long theres artist that drop good stuff and i can listen to it thats cool with me, the whole world cant have my music taste.

all i have 2 say is that if lil wayne got 4 awards dont hate he got em bcuz he deserved them and if lil wayne is big right now that's also 4 a reason 4 his hard work dnt hate deal wit it cuz he da SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who ever said lil wayne is not hip hop ur a loser n ur so wrong UR da one who doesn' t kno wats hip hop n STOP HATIN B**CH

Ok, who is that? And how she got allowed into my topic? lol, anyways, yeah, the kid got 4 awards, good for hi, he is not hip hop anymore darling, I dont think U heard about his new rock album, did u? the ceremony was cool though, people kept it simple. I never implied to hating here, I recognize the guy is working a lot to be where he is right now.. As a hip hop fan, I also recognize that most of his job is not what this music needs right now. I recognize that as a popular rap figure he should encourage quality music, and he should focus his releases on making this everyday better and improving the art for new levels..Not just release everything that comes to his mind and making hits that make no sense whatsoever..

Yet, Im not hating, Im not even mad at him. He is an artist, and artists give people what they want. Obviously this is what the majority is wanting.. Thats what makes me sad.

The funny thing is ladi33 didn't bother to sign in but took enough time to call people on a JJFP Message Board losers for not liking the trash that is Lil Wayne. I'm a little sick of people calling other people "haters" because they choose not to like something. It's like people can't form opinions when it comes to these garbage rappers. Ladi33 clearly brought nothing significant to the board nor did ladi give clear, concise reasons why Lil Wayne is a great mc. "He is the ****" & stop hatin' won't cut it on this board(where intelligent conversation happens) & I fear that this is the mindset of most young rap fans.

That being said, I still find it an insult that he was even nominated for 8 Grammys. He should not have won best rap album(Lupe should have won) nor should he have been nominated for the big 3(best song, best album, record of the year).

• Members

I can't remember the last time i was excited for anything Hip-Hop related when it comes 2 award shows. The Grammys used 2 only care about the art of music. They didn't let people vote or let sales effect thing. They only cared that the music got some kind of buzz. That's why they sometimes have album cuts nominated. It seems that things have changed.

Lil' Wayne is not Hip-Hop. The panel rarely has any idea what's Hip-Hop and what's not...what's good and what's bad. Yes, i want good music and good artists nominated. 2 stay sane i just have 2 tell myself "who cares?"

i have to disagree just a little now i am not a huge wayne fan but wayne is hip hop