JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne leads '09 Grammy nominees with eight

VIsqo

Lil Wayne Leads 2009 Grammy Nominees with Eight

Thursday December 4, 2008

Lil Wayne has a million reasons to celebrate, as he leads the 51st Grammy Awards nominations with an amazing 8 nods. Wayne's last album, Tha Carter III, was nominated for the prestigious Album of the Year award as well as Best Rap Album. His hit single "Lollipop" earned a nomination for Best Rap Song. Jay-Z and Kanye West grabbed 6 nominations each. Lupe Fiasco was nominated in 4 categories.

source: rap.about.com

sure this is wack, but i've had it with this whole hip hop is dead ish. if someone really feels that way, he should go listen to some other and music and be quiet about anything that has to do with the cultur that i still love with my whole heart.

I have to disagree a bit Turntable. While I dont think hip-hop is dead, I will say that true hip-hop is not getting the shine it deserves. Lupe's The Cool was one of the best ALBUMS to come out last year and it only garners 4 noms. I think that's why Silver Tiger says bull****. Lil Wayne(and this is my opinion) is pure hot garbage. I call it an insult to all albums & artists nominated for album of the year to have Wayne's album alongside those nominees. Even Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman shouldn't be on the Best Album list. I think what people are trying to say is the Grammys are nominating & rewarding people not so much for great music but for slick marketing, beats & hooks. It's disgusting in my opinion. Save that stuff for the AMA, MTV & BET Awards.

Edited by TopDawg14

4 Nominations for a Hip Hop Album (that even a lot of Lupe Fiasco Fans did not like by the way) is very good. Yeah, it sucks that Wayne is so huge right now, and not someone likle Lupe.. But I really, really hate that whole Hip Hop Is Dead thing. I hate it.

Edited by Turntable

I'm not surprised

4 Nominations for a Hip Hop Album (that even a lot of Lupe Fiasco Fans did not like by the way) is very good. Yeah, it sucks that Wayne is so huge right now, and not someone likle Lupe.. But I really, really hate that whole Hip Hop Is Dead thing. I hate it.

Hate it or not, but that hip hop is dead on the mainstream is a fact! The Grammys are the most important awards in the music business and giving 4 nominations Lupe(most hip hop fans loved it) and someone like lil wayne, who can't even rap and is biting T-pain is ridiculous.

if mainstream rap is dead, why is someone lilke Lupwe Fiasco nominated four times? lol its the grammy. like you said, the biggest music award.. a lot of people (most people actualy) dont even consider hip hop music ( dont believe me? go out ans ask some people), so we made it quite far..lol

and you cant define a cultur via his mainstream artists. if you do that you didnt understand what this whole thing is about anyway.

Edited by Turntable