JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

808s and Heartbreak.

Vipa

I've even listened 2 a few songs again since this one girl did me wrong recently and i STILL can't support this project. Usually the fact that I can identify with songs will make me like them even when they are not that great. I can't identify with this crap and i can't adjust 2 the sound. Give me "All Falls Down" again.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm weighing in on this a little late , but I gotta say... I like this album a lot. "Amazing" is great with the exception of Yound Jeezy, "Welcome to Heartbreak," "Say You Will," "Bad News" "Street Lights" "Coldest Winter." Shoot, I even like "Paranoid" and "Robocop." Incidentally, if you want a good laugh, listen to the end of "Robocop."

I have to admit, at first, I didn't care much for the album, but it's grown on me tremendously. Perhaps the style takes a little getting used to, but after a few listens, if just flows very well. There are intricate things he does that makes this album work. The beats are somewhat unconventional, but they're extremely catchy. The biggest draw back I would say are the lyrics, and that's largely because he's singing for much of the album and the lyrics aren't as intricate, funny, or ironic as we're used to. Even then, the lyrics are better than 95% of the stuff that's out there. This isn't contentional hip hop.

Just so I'm not a hater, I gave the album another shot. I still have the toughest time listening to the album. It just doesn't work for me.

I'm weighing in on this a little late , but I gotta say... I like this album a lot. "Amazing" is great with the exception of Yound Jeezy, "Welcome to Heartbreak," "Say You Will," "Bad News" "Street Lights" "Coldest Winter." Shoot, I even like "Paranoid" and "Robocop." Incidentally, if you want a good laugh, listen to the end of "Robocop."

I have to admit, at first, I didn't care much for the album, but it's grown on me tremendously. Perhaps the style takes a little getting used to, but after a few listens, if just flows very well. There are intricate things he does that makes this album work. The beats are somewhat unconventional, but they're extremely catchy. The biggest draw back I would say are the lyrics, and that's largely because he's singing for much of the album and the lyrics aren't as intricate, funny, or ironic as we're used to. Even then, the lyrics are better than 95% of the stuff that's out there. This isn't contentional hip hop.

Just so I'm not a hater, I gave the album another shot. I still have the toughest time listening to the album. It just doesn't work for me.

That's fine. Not everyone likes the same things.

• 4 weeks later...