JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

808s and Heartbreak.

Vipa

I understand a lot of you don't like Kanye, but there are a few that do...

I picked this album up yesterday and I gotta say, I was impressed. Different sound, but I really liked it. The instrumentals are amazing, too...

"Say You Will", "Welcome To Heartbreak", "Street Lights", "Bad News", "Coldest Winter", "Paranoid"...All great songs, and in my opinion much better than the two singles he's released so far.

Edited by Vipa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, with all due respect, i listened 2 Kanye's album and i think it's utter crap from all angles. I listened 2 Ludacris' album and liked it so much that that i bought it. Luda has never impressed me that much. I bought his last album cuz i thought half of the songs were good but i bought it used. This album seemed so good that i actually bought. Sure, there are a few trax that aren't great, but i think he's really developing in2 a dope artist.

Well, my friend bought kanyes new album and he said its pretty good, I will give it a listen and then I will decide by myself. Bob, Im waiting for a review on this one since my boy AJ is bringing the negative side Id like to see what the positive side of the production is..

I think that if some new artist were over Kanye's current beats, i would accept them becuz they were from "that kinda artist." Kanye is supposed to be Hip-Hop/Rap. His current music doesn't reflect that. I'm expecting a dope beat like "All Falls Down" but i hear this stuff. It's hard for me 2 appriciate the experimental side of this becuz i think it's awful. Born To Reign wasn't my favorite vibe from FP, but even tho' it was still different, i liked it. Kanye's experimenting isn't like that. I personally think it's awful. I think that if a real singer on a totally different vibe were singing, i would accept it. I don't know that i'd like it then, but i'd ignore instead of being insulted. Kanye has never been a performer but have u seen his recent performances, the music reflects how bad his performances and style have gotten. Mash that up with his ego and ignorant statements...i'm just done with him until he does something good.

Y'all knock me for being so against commerical rap and not being open minded but i really am, i listen 2 everything. Think about all the times i would talk about Lurdacris from 2001 up until now. I went from liking him on Timbaland's "Fat Rabbit" in 1998(before anyone outside of GA knew who he was) to not being 2 him, 2 knocking him for having the same subject matter on every song and making annoying 2 dementional songs, 2 cleaning his game up on his last album to liking and buying his new album. It's all opinions. Someone says it's ridiculous for loving Kid 'N Play or M.C. Hammer but i still listen 2 them and i don't lose any sleep at night...ha ha. I can say Kanye's album sucks becuz that's what i think, i'm not being negative.

so if I tell you you should go out and check the mims album you'd be ready to do it?

I did listen 2 most of it...i didn't like it. I kinda liked the remix with Junior Reid but that was only becuz of Junior Reid.

Lol, thats what I luv about u people, u listen to everything and check everything out. Im going to get that Luda cd and give it a try, a lot of people are giving some good feedbacks about it..

I listened to Kanye's new CD last night and I must admit that I didn't like it all that much. The album felt rushed to me. It felt like he just recorded stuff & didn't really think it through and go back & revise it a bit. It could have been a real good album if he tightened it up some. It's jumbled. There are about 4 or 5 songs I like but the rest is not good.

i havent heard the album yet but my friend had it in ihs car and some song was playing and i liked it alot. besides that, coldest winter is an incredible song to me. i listen to it in chunks. like on repeat 10 times each time i click it.

but then again i can respect experimentation alot more, at first i was totally against kanyes new album but im starting to lean towards it.

Well, my friend bought kanyes new album and he said its pretty good, I will give it a listen and then I will decide by myself. Bob, Im waiting for a review on this one since my boy AJ is bringing the negative side Id like to see what the positive side of the production is..

If you are hoping for me to review 808's and heartbreak, I have to apologize. I doubt I will even give the album a listen. Even as much as I love Luda's new album, I probably won't review that either since I have had zero time recently. All these final exams, projects, and presentations have been looming over my head. Plus I've been swamped getting prepared for my study in France come January.

Edited by Bob