JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: "I Could Absolutely be the President of the U.S."

MissAshley

I'm not really upset about another Oscar attempt because that seems to have been a huge focus for him since Ali. I'm used to it now. It's kind of weird though, knowing that when you watch the movie, he's doing it for an award. He definitely made his mark in music, but he had the potential for much more.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all knew it but to actually see him say it is kinda just like .. wow.

i hope he gets an oscar.. i think this part of his life is just trying to prove himself as an actor to the academy not the average fan. as in like, he isnt trying to make blockbusters you know?

but yeah, i would like a jjfp reunion but its not happening, or at least not ANYtime soon.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Will is such a bad actor, just have a look at him, he is so untalented as a serious actor. maybe he can play his own character perfectly and better than anybody else could, but when it comes to high level acting hes nothing more than an amateur.

damn that dude turned into an obsessive pathological maniac.

Will is definately losing all my respect, he cares about nothing than getting that oscar. his movies are getting worse and worse. people wont visit his movies anymore in a few years if he keeps making such "i wanna be serious and cry" movies. in the end he'll end up like Bill Murray at the oscars...

do what you can, and thats making people laugh. why is he trying to be something that he is not? he just cant act, you can see that from the first second on.

Maybe thats taking it a little too far... From a guy who had no formal training as an actor he has done pretty well to become the biggest an most powerful movie star in the world. Sure his choice in movies have been a little questionable but to call him an amateur is pushing it a bit!

sorry brakes, but thats the impression i have. i mean his acting fits perfectly into a movie as long as he plays his own character, otherwise its just so unnatural. as an skilled and talented actor you dont have to talk like muhammed ali all day long with everybody, even in your private life. i just cant imagine denzel walking around all day long talking like malcom x. see, thats what i mean.

Will Smith a bad actor? Funniest thing I've ever heard. Was his performance in 'I am Legend' bad? Was his performance in 'Pursuit of Happyness' bad? Was his performance in 'Ali' bad? Was his performance in 'Six Degrees of Separation' bad?

I can understand that you don't like his serious roles, or that you're angry because he doesn't want to get back into music, but like it or not he's one of the most versatile and talented actors out there right now.

Edited by Ale

i am a little annoyed at this. OK if he just would have said in the first place after Lost and Found, thats it no more. Thats fine, he would have been honest with us and we knew where we were. But all this Bull**** about a summer tour and all we got was 1 1/2 songs at the Mandela concert and a concert at the after party for VIPs.

We knew this was gonna happen but did he have to keep us guessing for 3 years!

I just hope he wins this oscar, mainly bcoz i want him to stop chasing it, if he gets one, he can move on and focus on something else.

Will Smith a bad actor? Funniest thing I've ever heard. Was his performance in 'I am Legend' bad? Was his performance in 'Pursuit of Happyness' bad? Was his performance in 'Ali' bad? Was his performance in 'Six Degrees of Separation' bad?

I can understand that you don't like his serious roles, or that you're angry because he doesn't want to get back into music, but like it or not he's one of the most versatile and talented actors out there right now.

Totally agree :thumbsup: you don't get 2 Oscar nominations just 'coz u want one!

Edited by Sandy

it's just really funny, b/c he just did another interview talking about how great it is to be performing on stage, lol.

honestly I stopped hoping for a tour and all that after there was never a video for Tell Me Why, so I take his little impromptu performances for exactly what they are and don't hope for anything more. I wouldn't want him to make an album to just be making one, if his heart's not in it, there's no point.

I don't mind him wanting an Oscar it's just so blatantly obvious that he's chasing it. Johnny Depp: amazing actor. gives amazing performances, could care less about anybody's damn Oscar, very well respected actor. I cringe everytime I see the SP trailer and he goes "you better leave me alone" it's like he's trying to turn off that Will Smith thing and be dramatic and it's just not working in that moment. I wanna see SP just to see how the story will play out (though I kinda got an idea about the ending even though he tried not to give it away, I can guess) and to see the "seven seconds that will change your life" but I haven't really been as interested in this film as his past dramatic efforts. Not to say it won't be a good film, in my mind it's hard to not see it as just Oscar bait. If he does get nominated and win I certainly don't think that's gonna slow him down in film, if anything it'll probably fuel him more.

my two cents: you can't always measure how good an actor is by Oscar nods, there's been some great snubs over the years and the noms that've made me go wtf? I think Will has come really far and has certainly grown from the FPOBA on tv and that works well in his favor but he's not the most amazing actor imo. He's good yes, but I look at actors like Don Cheadle (who kills every role) and have to scratch my head at the "Academy" sometime.

it's just really funny, b/c he just did another interview talking about how great it is to be performing on stage, lol.

I cringe everytime I see the SP trailer and he goes "you better leave me alone" it's like he's trying to turn off that Will Smith thing and be dramatic and it's just not working in that moment.

When I 1st saw the SP trailer I thought that scene was weird , I don't like it much that moment either. Honestly I don't believe much when Will says in interviews he's gonna do a tour, a new album or whatever he say's he's going to do. I think sometimes he lies a bit in his interviews to please everyone, and I don't like that. So if I don't see it I don't believe it.

Edited by Sandy