JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

K.Smith - Alright With Me

Ale

I think these K.Smith posts should start going in the Caught In The Middle Forum.

He represents nothing about FP.

This isn't a shot at you Ale. I just care nothing for this guy and dont want it trashing up this set of threads.

I think these K.Smith posts should start going in the Caught In The Middle Forum.

He represents nothing about FP.

This isn't a shot at you Ale. I just care nothing for this guy and dont want it trashing up this set of threads.

I know what you mean, and I agree :thumbsup:

I gotta be real...the beat isn't that bad. If they just turn the synths down during the hook. The R-N-B vocals are a nice touch. And K's lyrics are much better than in the past things. His flow has improved too. And heck, i actually like the way the video looks. The bottom line is that he still comes aross as a bogus artist with fake lyrics. I agree we should put this stuff in the CITM forum.

It really bugs me that he's probably wearing the classic FP chain. If he waz actually talented and walking in the footsteps of his royal Freshness i'd be okay with it. Sadly, K. Smith is not in a fraction of what FP was back in the day.

Has to be a copy...annoys me a little too cause no one should wear FP's classic chain in a music video except for FP. I wouldn't mind it if it was just a fan of Will's wearing it out of respect for Will, but wearing it in a music video seems disrespectful.

That song was nothing special neither.

Edited by bart5

how is that disrepestcetfull? it's more like paying homage. and its he lives in his damn house, lol, will produces him, i doubt k's gonna disrespect him a video. heck, will probably gave him the damn chain caus he doesnt need it nomore anyway.. i think ya'll care more about that chain than him.lol

Edited by Turntable

It seems a little disrespectful to me cause its like K thinks he is the new Fresh Prince or something, and he is NOT. Will is Fresh Prince, no matter how many more movies he makes or how many more albums he doesn't make.

FP is legend to me, one of my all time favorites cause he really got me interested in not only hip hop, but music in general. Its seems like KSmith wearing FP's chain in the video is like him saying "forget about my uncle who used to rap, I'm taking his spot now!"

Either that or he is just paying homeage even though it doesn't look that way to me.