JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KANYE WEST IS AN IDIOT

JumpinJack AJ

With all due respect, how can the people who actually support Kanye's recent musical endevors or like his new music support him that way, but u tear apart Born To Reign as a whole so easily. Born To Reign seems like a Hip-Hop classic compared 2 all of Kanye's recent songs.

I can't call it AJ. Personally, I really liked Born To Reign and I was one of the few who supported Will taking a risk musically & doing something different. The same goes for Kanye(although something tells me I won't like most of it). I can appreciate when an artist takes a detour from what he/she is known for & tries something completely out of left field(i.e. Jay-Z's Kingdom Come). People ripped Common for Electric Circus(and even I thought it was one of Common's weakest efforts) but I appreciated him for expanding himself. I think the problem is that we as fans get used to hearing a certain sound from an artist & when that artist deviates from that "certain" sound, we tend to say he/she fell off. I don't think it's fair but that what we do sometimes.

Edited by TopDawg14

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whooo! this trhead has some mixed opinions I love it. This new Kanye cd has brought us some new sounds maybe not what we were waiting for, but a fresh change from what we are acostumed to. Maybe in his next singles he will bring some rappin into the mix and will make some of his loyal fans and critics happy. He will continue having his opinions on things just the same. He liked to talk like that, and he doesnt care who likes it or not.

I've never bought any of Kanye's CD's (listened through a few of them though). When his first single dropped, I noted him as doing something better than the norm. However, as a lyrical rapper, he wasn't quite there for me to say "Okay, I'll buy your album." Nowadays he messes with people I can't stand, my money isn't going anywhere near him.

I stumbled upon him performing on The Jimmy Kimmel Show. He's awful. He even performed "Good Life" which is a song i really like by him and his butchered his own song. He tried 2 mix it with his current awful singing style instead of rapping it.

Well the thing is Born To Reign really isn't that much of a ground breaking attempt to be different.

Wasn't exactly the freshest sounding album released at the time. So i don't know why people keep saying Will was terying something new, cos live instrument based recording was hardly a new thing in Hip-Hop.

It was a slight change for WIll, but not drastic. It was just not on a par to pervious albums in quality

I was trying to quote Tim's post 'cause basically no truer can ever be spoken, if Kanye came out 15 years ago he'd been irrelevant

Went to his concert in Brussels last Friday. He's on an european tour with his "Glow In The Dark" shows. I must say I liked it...he did some of his older songs (All Falls Down, Jesus Walks, Get Em High, Through The Wire...). He also did 2 songs from his new album. I'm not feeling his new style that much...I guess it still has to grow on me!