Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden Smith set for 'Karate Kid' redo

Ale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Conrad Writing The Karate Kid

The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog is reporting that The Pursuit of Happyness screenwriter Steven Conrad is penning The Karate Kid for Columbia Pictures.

Directed by Harald Zwart and starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, the remake is scheduled for a June 11, 2010 release. Oscar nominee Taraji P. Henson will play the mother.

Newcomer Chris Murphy was originally hired to write the script of the reboot.

Production will begin next month

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=56308

• 4 weeks later...

The Karate Kid Remake Officially Retitled The Kung-Fu Kid, Begins Filming

The Associated Press has confirmed that the Will Smith-produced remake/re-imagining of The Karate Kid has officially been retitled The Kung-Fu Kid. The new title should qualm upset fans of the original, and actually makes a whole load more of sense considering the story is based around Kung Fu and not Karate.

Jaden Smith plays Dre, a skateboarding video game buff who is forced to move to China after his single mother (Taraji P. Henson) is forced to transfer to the China for work. Of course, unable to speak Chinese, Dre finds it hard to settle in, and gets beat up by the local bully. Jackie Chan plays Mr. Han, a maintenance man who spots Dre’s black-eye and offers to teach him both martial arts and Chinese, so he can defend against the students of Li Quan Ha’s Fighting dragon school of Kung-Fu.

Directed by Harald Zwart (The Pink Panther 2) and written by Chris Murphy and Steven Conrad (The Pursuit of Happyness). Filming on the remake has begun this weekend in Beijing, and is expected to last three months. An official start-up ceremony took place on July 11th

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/13/the-karate-kid-remake-officially-retitled-the-kung-fu-kid-begins-filming/

Edited by Ale

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gv6vArHdsb65kFMX1hAeC25Uum1QD99GK8E00

heh.. I wonder would Will & Jade even remotely consider letting their son train in a martial arts school in china..

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Jaden is so lucky to be in the presence of JC and to have him as a tutor.

Jackie is really a wonderful person and that's a good thing for Jaden.

I wish Will's official site would be kinda like JC's. I LOVE Jackie's website, with the blogs and pictures and replies amazing.

Thanks for the share Ale.

• 3 weeks later...

ah ok, I tought it was sooner !

So they come back around the 15-20 of september.

PS : when is the start of the new school year in USA ? Cause in France, it's around 2-5 of september, so if it's the same, Jaden will be late :laugh: :laugh:

LOL

Jaden is homeschooled I believe.