JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will & Jada Cover Essence

MissAshley

Wow! thanks fot the pics Ash. I want this pics in HQ hahaha

In the cover Jada looks great and Will looks like a 40 year old man but in a very good way (like George Clooney lol)

I love the white and red dresses so much! They look great.

Nice cover......but am I the only one who would rather see a picture of Will behind a mic rather than behind Jada (although Jada looks very nice too, but thats not the point lol)???

Edited by bart5

this shoot was done in September, they'll probably do special cover with the Obamas soon, their whole family was just on the cover a couple issues ago.

I just love these photos.

The snark cracks me up too, esp. about them being "photoshopped" on the cover and how Essence should put other people on their covers; they haven't been on Essence together since February 2005.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

little blurb from people.com

Eleven years seems like an eternity for a Hollywood marriage, but to Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, the time has flown.

They share their secrets to parenting and wedded bliss in the December issue of Essence – by asking each other tough questions.

In response to Jada's question – what does he love about marriage? – Will spoke of the power of love as a connective force.

"The truth about life is that we're all alone," he said. "But when somebody loves you that experience is shared. Love is the only real connective tissue that allows you to not live and die by yourself."

But Jada insisted that managing any relationship was no easy task.

"People have said to me, 'Oh, you make it look so easy,' and I'm like, 'Have you been in a relationship?'"

With three children and two other young adult relatives living under their roof, Jada had a lot to say about parenting.

"You can see how children develop their self-esteem when they are allowed to make their own choices," she said. "They feel that they have ownership of their life."

As for the true key to a lasting marriage, Will boiled it down to one word: dedication.

“The secret is removing divorce as an option. Anyone who gives themselves that option will get a divorce.”

Edited by MissAshley

• Admin

With three children and two other young adult relatives living under their roof, Jada had a lot to say about parenting.

"You can see how children develop their self-esteem when they are allowed to make their own choices," she said. "They feel that they have ownership of their life."

Reading between the lines: I think KSmith's music is crap!

Reading between the lines: I think KSmith's music is crap!

At least he's confident...

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith: Talking About Love

You can always count on Will Smith to get great media coverage on the heels of one of his new movies opening.

Next month, the box-office kingpin, will offer audiences the drama 'Seven Pounds.'

To wrap around all the marketing blitz that surely will come with a surefire box-office tally, the former 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' is making the rounds.

The usual requisites are a seat on Oprah Winfrey's couch, a laughter-filled romp on late night television and him gracing the covers of glossy black lifestyle and male oriented periodicals.

But for the December edition of 'Essence' magazine it's double the pleasure when Hollywood's number one star and his beloved wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, grace the cover and interview each other and tell the world how they make it all work.

Just today, the couple landed at #2 on 'Forbes' magazine's richest couples list -- grossing $85 million last year. (Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles were #1.)

Below are some highlights of the chat, which was conducted by the magazine's West Cost editor Regina R. Robertson:

"Well, the truth about life is that we're all alone," Smith replied when his wife of nearly eleven years asked him what he loves about being married. "But when somebody loves you, right, that experience is shared. Love is the only real connective tissue that allows you to not live and die by yourself. It gives you purpose beyond you. You don't necessarily have to get married to have that, but I've always wanted to be married. I knew you were that person for me because you're loyal, to a fault. You'll destroy yourself to be loyal to somebody else."

"Trying to be with somebody who you know doesn't deserve it is too hard," Pinkett Smith said when recollecting about the early stages of their relationship. "I knew you deserved it, but it had more to do with your relationship with your God and yourself than with me. I thought, Okay, this dude just wants to be a good dude. When we got together, both of us were going through rough times. I loved the relationship you had with your grandmother GiGi and the commitment you had to Trey. I remember watching how you dealt with Sheree [Will's ex], which was admirable, and I thought, If this is how he treats somebody who he ain't really feeling, imagine how he'll treat somebody he loves. I know that was hard for you. I could see that you were struggling. Most people would have been trying to figure out, How can I pay this person back? But you were always thinking, What is the right thing to do? It took me a long time to get on that page. I felt like you were strong where I was weak, and then in some instances, I could offer you strength. We were like puzzle pieces."

"Sex is a very, very important factor for me, especially when you're talking about being with somebody for the rest of your life," she added. "It worked out nicely."

Ever the outspoken one, she furthered the conversation with her thoughts on how relationships falter: "I think people get into the concept of being constant in their relationships. That's a huge mistake because things are going to change. It doesn't matter if you're going forward or backward, you're going to be moving."

"I wish there was a formula that said, 'If you follow this right here, you will have a successful marriage,' but it's so different for everybody," she also said. "In order to have a good relationship, I think you've got to give yourself. There's so much beauty in having that vulnerability and openness, but it's also a double-edged sword because nobody can hurt you more than the person who's closest to you. Your partner knows all your buttons, and there are times when it feels like things are unforgivable."

"When you're married, you can no longer hide from yourself, which can be excruciatingly painful,' Mr. Smith chimed in. "The secret is removing divorce as an option. Anybody who gives themselves that option will get a divorce."

The lengthy marriage has had a profound effect on how he views his career choices too.

"I've lived a totally unbalanced life, and this has been the first time that I'm actually shutting movies out for five or six months so I can really focus and spend some extended time with family and friends," he revealed. "I'm just starting to believe in the idea of balance, but you've always been the one to keep the ship from falling over. I found balance when I met you."

The December issue of 'Essence' is on stands now.

Pictures!

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/11/2...ing-about-love/

wsoc4.jpg

jpsci0.jpg

Edited by Ale

• 2 weeks later...