JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Congratulations President Elect Obama

MaxFly

I'm just wonderinh you know, how things are there. I'm sure it would not be such a big deal in some european countrys.

Well, all the important channels here have their news presenters in Washington right now. And Bush doesn't seem to like much our president so I guess we needed a change too with our politic relation with America.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's warned us people tho that we may well not see the change in the first term. Let's hope people don't try and write him off

It takes time for things to go bad and time for things to get good. I think everyone understands that. Only something crazy like 9/11 can make things go bad FAST. Let's remember back when Clinton became President. Prior to that, the ecomony was getting weak. Bush said it would get better and he made the steps he felt necessary to make it better. At the end of his time in office, they were getting better. However, since Clinton got to step in2 the repairs that were already being made, he typically gets the credit for it. I feel that it is always important to support people who are in postitions of authority. The only time i truely verbally trashed someone was Clinton after the Lewinsky thing. I'll give some time before i personally judge what he does in office.

Where do we start...

2ueiryx.jpg

302qwep.jpg

obamaballinpi6.gif

I'm extremely happy of joy, I didn't cry or shed a tear, but the hair on my skin got up and I got chills.

This isn't just about electing a president, it's truly about the start of a dream, the dream MLK and the likes shared many years ago. It's truly about unity, being one, love instead of hate, peace instead of fights. I hope this is a big step in that direction and I hope it continues. The world needs to come together.

Is it in spain such a big deal too? He's black ya'll, he aint from mars. is america really that racist that this is such a big deal?

To answer, it is. Honestly, there is a strong under-current that was never squashed in the rural parts of America. If not for this election being a true referrendum on George Bush, I doubt we'd be talking of a President Obama today.

McCain was the best candidate, but was strapped to the most hated President. It's a shame that both in 2000 and 2008, George Bush had an integral place in McCain's losses.

Also, if not for Hillary and Barack being the two possible nominees at the time the Republicans picked a nominee, I doubt McCain would have won. It would have been Romney or Guiliani. Even the GOP realized they needed a non-conformist. Now they can blame their loss on the non-comformist, their scapegoat, in McCain. Then they can nominate a Neo-con again, in their hopes that Obama disappoints.

Nonetheless, congratulations to President-elect Obama.

Bush said it would get better and he made the steps he felt necessary to make it better. At the end of his time in office, they were getting better.

They were getting better.. just drop like they didnt drop in a long time.. And not only in america. no, bush's after 9/11 policy managed to screw the whole world economy 7 years later..lol :wickedwisdom: Gotta love it. It really made my 5 hours economy class a week intresting tho.

@ Bob & Schnazz: So ya'll think Jesse Jackson lost caus of his skin colour?

Edited by Turntable

Exclusively? No. It didn't help him that he wasn't nearly as collected as Obama. I take him as a Joe Biden or Howard Dean. He can go off message and cost himself. For example, his comments towards the Jewish in New York City cost him.

Also, (and I can't take full credit for the following; Bill Maher made this point) the scrutiny of being "different" aka black in the United States is that you must, on the national stage, be near-perfect. Every gaffe you make means that much more. So Barack Obama exponentially helped his cause by performing near-flawless. The analogy was Tiger Woods. Tiger would have been shunned from golf if he showed up anyway but as calm and collected as he is.

I'll go a step further and say we are still an overtly sexist country, of almost equal weight with the racism. Hillary Clinton's campaign is the model of what Obama's campaign could have been. She took the gender question by the neck and tried to turn it to her advantage, overtly. Her campaign was more closely scrutinized and eventually fell off-message. Obama let the race question simmer, and only addressed it periodically, rather than playing it as a card in his hand.

Congrats to President-elect Obama, he's living proof that "Shadow Dreams" can be accomplished, it's a long road ahead like he said but I believe he's gonna work hard to get America and the world back on track

Bush said it would get better and he made the steps he felt necessary to make it better. At the end of his time in office, they were getting better.

They were getting better.. just drop like they didnt drop in a long time.. And not only in america. no, bush's after 9/11 policy managed to screw the whole world economy 7 years later..lol :wickedwisdom: Gotta love it. It really made my 5 hours economy class a week intresting tho.

I'm not certain, but I think AJ was talking about the elder Bush.

That was not the only reason, as Bob pointed out, but that was one of them.

Congratulations to Obama, i never thought i'd see a black president in my lifetime either. It is a big deal and it would be a huge deal if it happened in Britain, we have the BNP (British National Party) trying to get more power.

Im excited to see how things change, it must feel so great to be American right now. :wickedwisdom:

for people who arent american, you say "is it a big deal" .. so my honest question is have european countries then had many black leaders? if you have then i can see why it wouldnt be a big deal. but if you havent then it is historic for us.

but anyway... OBAMA. i really look past the race at this point and want to just help our country. cause he being elected is bigger than race. we have been under conservative rule for 8 years and this could be something big to take us out and alot of republicans bitch about it around here. they say they are moving out of the country becuase of obama....sore losers.

Edited by Mike

I'll tell my gankids someday that I lived this day.LOL

Is it in spain such a big deal too? He's black ya'll, he aint from mars. is america really that racist that this is such a big deal?

The US has had 43 Presidents to date; none of them were black. Until the Voting Rights Act of '65, many blacks in the US found it hard to vote. Blacks were brought to this country as slaves, and built the country with little recompense. Historically, this is a huge deal.

Edited by MaxFly

I'm just wonderinh you know, how things are there. I'm sure it would not be such a big deal in some european countrys.

How many european countries currently have black leaders, and how many were built and thrived on the slave trade or slavery in general?

Edited by MaxFly