JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

Jada Pinkett Says Hollywood Helps Her Marriage

shapecover.jpg

While many a famous couple has claimed the celebrity spotlight destroyed their romance, Jada Pinkett Smith says being in a Hollywood marriage is great for she and Will Smith.

"It's helpful with the business that we have, because there's times we have to be apart from each other, times that we get to go to exotic places together," Pinkett tells the August issue of Shape magazine, which goes on sale July 20.

Pinkett and Smith have been wed for almost twelve years, a lifetime in show business! The Hawthorne star shared her secrets with the mag on how she keeps her relationship fresh.

"Staying in shape!" Pinkett laughs.

And as you can see from bikin-clad Pinkett on the cover of Shape, she's doing an amazing job at keeping her body looking fantastic.

"The great thing about Will is, that he doesn't really care. He's one of those men that he finds beauty in all sizes, which is fantastic. But I do like to keep him on his toes."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/07/jada-pinkett-says-hollywood-helps-her-marriage

-----

Jada Pinkett Smith: Fitter Than Ever

shape.jpg

Don't hate her because she seems to have it all together! Jada Pinkett Smith admits to facing the same challenges we all do: keeping her career hot, her marriage hotter, and her body hottest.

Check out Shape's August issue where Jada offers up her stay-sane secrets and workout moves.

When you meet Jada Pinkett Smith, it's kind of hard not to be awestruck—happily married for almost 12 years to Hollywood heartthrob Will Smith, three kids, a successful career—and a killer bod!

Surprisingly still full of energy after the Shape cover shoot, Jada sat down and talked openly about how she really does it all. "I won't lie to you," the Baltimore native admits. "I have a lot of help. It takes a village to run my life successfully!" It also takes a focused mind, total honesty, and a great sense of humor.

Get hooked on fitness

Ever since she was kid, Jada's been physically active, something her mother—a single mom and nurse—encouraged by enrolling her in classes for gymnastics, dance, and horseback riding. "Sitting at home on a Saturday or Sunday was never an option," says Jada, who has passed the fitness torch on to her own kids, Trey, 16 [from Will's first marriage], Jaden, 11, and Willow, 8. "They love to go to the gym with Will and me, but surfing and snowboarding is what we do together as a family for fun." Her mom gets in on the action when she's in town, hitting the gym with Jada at 6:30 a.m. "She's Miss Workout," says Jada proudly.

Embrace the unknown

This shift has also created a sense of balance in Jada's relationship. "Will and I are yin and yang," she says. "He's all sky, vast and bright and soaring, and I'm all earth. I'm here to ground him, and he's here to help me fly." Case in point: When Jada put her acting career on hold between 2004 and 2005 to go on the road with her metal band, Wicked Wisdom, as part of the Ozzfest tour, Will not only supported her, he and the kids also went along for the ride.

Nurture romance

While family is the couple's main focus, Jada makes sure she and Will's love life stays, well, lively. Besides doing her daily Kegels ("It keeps the sex hot," says Jada), she takes time to nourish their relationship. "Last week we were stressed out, so I packed a picnic and took Will to a place we hiked to on one of our first dates. We sat and reminisced on that time in our life. Then we went home and made love. Thank God Will has simple tastes. Even the littlest thing for him is like, ‘Wow!'?"

Fuel your body...

Jada admits she is lacking in one area: "I can't cook!" she says. "It's genetic. My grandmother can't cook, my mother can't cook. I was raised to believe you eat because your body needs fuel for energy, so I eat superfoods."

Jada does love to bake, however—her specialty is 7-Up cake—but she has to be careful about having desserts around the house, for Will's sake. "He has a horrific sweet tooth," she says. "If there's cake in front of him, he'll eat the whole thing!"

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/jada_pinkett_smith_fitter_than_ever/p/page/1

-----

Will and Jada's car-nal desires

We already know to avoid WILL and JADA PINKETT SMITH when they pop off for some 'alone time' at a mate's party.

And now it seems you'd be well-advised to turn down a cab ride with them too.

Jada has revealed the couple are so pushed for time raising three kids, they're often forced to indulge their carnal urges on the road.

So when the opportunity for a bit of hanky panky arose en route to the Oscars, the A-list hubby and wife didn't hesitate to get sweaty on the back seat.

She told Shape magazine: "When you have three kids, you've got to take your opportunities when they come.

"In a limo, on the way to the Academy Awards this year, Will started looking at me in this way that drives me wild.

"We started kissing passionately, and the next thing I knew, well, let's just say we missed the red carpet and I ended up with almost no make-up on."

Let's just hope they paid the limo driver overtime...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/2537117/Will-and-Jada-Pinkett-Smith-had-sex-en-route-to-the-Oscars.html

TV Preview: True Jackson, VP - "Back to School"

In his interview with Blogcritics way back in October, actor Matt Shively, in talking about his current show, said that it "is amazing. And I’m not just saying that, because I’m in the show." After previewing the newest episode, "Back to School," I have to agree -- True Jackson, VP really is amazing.

“True Jackson is a show about a girl named True,” Ashley Argota, who stars as Lulu, said in her October interview. Ashley told us that True (Keke Palmer) is "fifteen years old and she gets her dream job at a fashion company as vice president to youth apparel." True ends up hiring her two best friends, Lulu (Ashley Argota) and Ryan (Matt Shively). "We try to navigate our way around the office like it’s high school. There’s cliques and homework. We just plow right through it like fifteen-year-olds would.”

A new episode, "Back To School" centers around the fact, as indicated in the title, that the time has come for True and friends to return to school. She has to juggle school and work, which proves to be difficult when her boss Max (Greg Proops) asks her to design a window display. True's troubles get so bad that her father ends up telling her that if she can't focus enough on school, she'll have to quit Mad Style. Max, upset about possibly losing his best employee, has bigger problems -- his ex-fiancée wants to get back together, even though he's now married to someone else. Other stories in the episode follow Amanda (Danielle Bisutti), True's mean co-worker, gets a visit from her twin sister, who's the nicest person around and Lulu and Ryan dealing with romance issues.

Also appearing in this episode is Willow Smith, daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. Willow guest stars as young True.

The show is very funny -- non-stop laughs. All the actors and actresses have perfect timing with their jokes and the physical comedy work nicely. True, Lulu, and Ryan would definitely be people I'd hang out with.

I think all the actors and actresses have amazing talent, they really make me believe in their characters. There aren't many shows where everyone is a good actor, but this show is definitely an exception. As for Willow's appearance, she did a great job approximating a young True, she sounded like the character and had the same mannerisms. It was pretty impressive, especially since she's so young.

The chemistry among the cast is very impressive as well. In her interview, Keke said about the chemistry, “We always joke [about with] each other, but the chemistry’s so great, so it’s back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I guess I couldn’t ask for a better cast. We all get along. We’re all like best friends actually.”

The newest episode premieres Saturday, July 25 at 8 pm ET/PT and out of all the episodes thus far, this one is my favorite.

http://blogcritics.org/video/article/tv-preview-true-jackson-vp-back/

she'll be on 106 & park tmr. too

Hmm.... has this interview been posted? I don't think so, at least I hadn't seen it. A bit late, but anyways there you go:

Jada on 106 & Park

Jada promoting 'HawthoRNe' on 106 & Park. She reflects on her past experience hosting the BET.

Part 1:

http://106andpark.com/Video/Jada-breaks-down-being-a-producer-vs-actress/054FBFFFF000C0658001B00C03BF5

Part 2:

http://106andpark.com/Video/Jada-on-her-inspiration-as-Nurse-Hawthorne-in-her-TV-role/054FBFFFF000C0658001B00C03BF4

Edited by Ale

2 Clips With Willow!

another1.jpg

"TRUE Jackson, VP" is getting some Will Smith action -- Willow Smith, that is.

The 8-year-old budding actress, daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, is lending her comedic chops to the special hour-long July 25 episode of Nickelodeon's hit fashion-forward series about a teen executive at a clothing company.

Willow, who said she gets her fashion inspiration from the series, makes her TV debut as the pint-sized version of star True Jackson (played by Keke Palmer).

In short flashback scenes, junior True wistfully anticipates the day when she'll design a dress that appears in a department store window -- the same window that teen True is putting together during the episode.

"I like TV because they laugh and then I laugh and then I do it again," Willow told Access Hollywood about what it was like filming the show. "It's a big happy family."

Willow's big screen credits include co-starring in "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl," voicing Baby Gloria in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" (her mother was the adult voice) and appearing in her father's blockbuster, "I Am Legend."

Watch clips from Smith's "True Jackson, VP" episode below:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212009/tv/willow_smith_fashions_true_tv_debut_180563.htm

Jada doing another Hawthorne interview ( spolier warning!), also talks about Will and the Kung Fu Kid

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/07/28/hot-video-hawthorne-interview-with-jada-pinkett-smith/

Edited by MissAshley

HOLLYWOOD - JULY 29: A wax figure of Will Smith is displayed at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum on July 29, 2009 in Hollywood, California.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5155/88010030.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7273/40200403.jpg

-----

Actor Will Smith To Watch Italian Supercup Match In Beijing

He's going straight to... the far, far, East.

Hollywood star Will Smith is in Beijing at the moment, staying in the same hotel as Serie A side Lazio, confirmed Goal.com.

The American actor, famous for Men In Black, Hitch, Seven Pounds, as well as several other films, is said to be attending the Supercoppa Italiana match between the Biancocelesti and Inter on August 8.

The 40-year-old is with his son in Asia and received two jerseys from the Lazio team on Tuesday - one being number nine Tommaso Rocchi and the other being new-signing, number 74, Julio Cruz.

Inter won the last edition of the event, held at the San Siro last year, defeating Roma in a penalty shoot-out after a 2-2 draw.

Back in June 2008, Smith had reportedly said that LA Galaxy and England midfielder David Beckham had agreed to give him a few football lessons. His son, Trey, is also considering a career in the sport.

http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/04/1421856/actor-will-smith-to-watch-italian-supercup-match-in-beijing

-----

Ummm... Trey is considering a career in American football, which is different from football/soccer. Same old confusion laugh.gif

Edited by Ale