JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

Watch the Earth Stand Still, LIVE!

Posted by ExtraTV Staff on December 8, 2008 11:29 AM

1208keanu.jpg

They're here! And you can watch the aliens land LIVE at the NYC premiere of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" on Tuesday, December 9!

Tune in to our Extra Raw channel Tuesday, December 9, at approximately 2:00 PM PT, 5:00 PM ET to see stars Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Kathy Bates, and Will, Jada and Jaden Smith on the red carpet.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/12/watc...nd_still_li.php

Jaden Smith Gets Acting Tips from Mom and Dad

When Will Smith's 10-year-old son Jaden is not busy starring in Hollywood blockbuster films like The Day the Earth Stood Still, he enjoys doing addition, subtraction, and multiplication tables – his favorite subject in school.

"It's math," Jaden told PEOPLE at the New York premiere of Earth on Tuesday. Why math? "Because I'm good at it," he added.

Besides being a natural at tackling arithmetic, Jaden is already becoming a method actor and a professional at working a red carpet. While mom, Jada Pinkett Smith, and dad strolled down the carpet looking over his shoulder proudly, they let him do all the talking.

"You got to stay true to your character and you just got to be in the moment," Jaden said of his acting technique, a method he said he learned from his parents.

As for his role in Earth – in which he costars with Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly – he says: "I play Jacob and he's kind of depressed all the time because his father died and he's kind of always sad and that's the way he treats other people. He's not really that nice so I had to stay true to him."

The acting advice from his parents even helped him get through a sad scene in Earth. "It was actually really fun on the set and it was even fun during the emotional scenes because I was being in the moment."

Jaden, who made his big screen debut in 2006's The Pursuit of Happyness costarring his dad, may be following in the footsteps of his parents on the big screen, but his favorite activity with them is to simply to "watch movies with my family."

In addition to spending time with family, Will Smith makes time for charity. The star of the new movie Seven Pounds will be in Charlotte, N.C. over the weekend for a screening of his film to help raise awareness for the Second Harvest Food Bank. He'll cap off the day by donating 300 turkeys to Second Harvest at a red carpet gala, which is open to the public.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20245393,00.html

D@mn at some of the comments lol claiming he's a manufacture or that they'd want to punch him. Some people got serious issues, especially when you hate on a 10 year old kid.

Jaden has the potential to be bigger than his dad. But it all depends on how he handles himself when he grows up.

He's the smartest, funniest and coolest 10 year old kid I've ever seen. I just pray he won't end up like all those other kid stars that are popular during their childhood and than fall off the cliff. Having Will and Jada as your parents will help Jaden a lot, especially during those tough times.

And d@mn can he dance, WOW. I totally would've never imagined that from Will and Jada, Will was the king of dumb dancing lol and Jaden is like the anti-Will when it comes to dancing, so cool and smooth. Will needs to do another album and a music video and put Jaden as his cute little dancer, he's 10x better than most professional kid dancers.

Edited by Typhoon20