JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rumor: Men in Black 3 is Still in Development Somewhere?

Ale

September 29, 2008

Source: Parade

by Alex Billington

I'm getting quite tired of running rumors like this, but alas, it's news people want to read about. We were recently pointed towards a quote in the latest issue of Parade where producer Walter Parkes apparently comments on the status of another Men in Black movie. In response to a question about a Men in Black 3, Parkes says "the challenge is getting the script right and finding a time when our busy stars are available." But that's not all. "Everyone, including Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, wants to do another." Since when? Some quick background research uncovers a story from way back in 2005, where Parkes said that there have "been some conversations" but not much more. So is this real news or not?

It's hard to say that Parade would be digging up old rumors and quoting a producer out of context, which makes me believe this quote is actually legitimate news. I'll be making some calls today to try and find out a bit more, but I'm just not so sure if this really means we'll see a third movie anyway. Parkes, remarkably, accurately described the second Men in Black (from 2002), saying "I don't think we did the best possible job on the second one." Really?! I know I really didn't like it at all, but that may just be me. One of the big current Hollywood trends surrounds bringing back seemingly "dead" franchises and it looks like Men in Black is the perfect candidate for a big-time return. But would it actually end up any good?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/29/rum...ment-somewhere/

Thanks Ale!

How many times have we heard this??? I even have ideas to give them for the movie if they need help with the plot lol

Actually I have more interest in MIB3 (or BB3) than in the I am legend prequel.

Edited by Sandy

I really hope he doesn't make another MIB movie... I seriously think that another IAL movie sounds better... Even if he shouldn't make that movie either, but I think IAL is 10 times better than MIB or MIIB, so it would probably be a better movie...

Since he's not doing music, and want's to focus on movies (I'm guessing good ones, but let's not forget hancock) he should focus on doing movies like "Empire" or "The Last Pharaoh" instead, and seriously VIsqo, do you really think that doing another MIB movie sounds better than Seven Pounds? Cause that's just crazy to me...

Viber, I am deeply deeply shocked at your comments regarding MIB. I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and you may like IAL more than MIB, but the general consensus will tell you, critically as well that MIB is far superior to IAL.

I really hope he doesn't make another MIB movie... I seriously think that another IAL movie sounds better... Even if he shouldn't make that movie either, but I think IAL is 10 times better than MIB or MIIB, so it would probably be a better movie...

MIB is considered as one of the best movies of the 90's. It is as good as Ghostbusters.

These are genre-defying movies.

IAL, while decent, doesn't even belong in that category of its own.

Since he's not doing music, and want's to focus on movies (I'm guessing good ones, but let's not forget hancock) he should focus on doing movies like "Empire" or "The Last Pharaoh"

Agreed. I wouldn't want Will to do Paraoh with the writers of Never back down, or I wouldn't want him to do Empire if it wasn't for the A- list people he gets to work with. I want Will to work with Fincher, Nolan and the likes.

and seriously VIsqo, do you really think that doing another MIB movie sounds better than Seven Pounds? Cause that's just crazy to me...

If MIIIB is going to follow the level of MIIB then no. But if MIIIB is going to follow in the footsteps of MIB, then hell yes.

Edited by Typhoon20

I'm with viber. MIB might be a more important movie than I am Legend, but if we're talking about performances, then I don't need to say that 'Legend' is far superior to MIB (and of course MIB 2), which is better for Will's career. Because I'm sure that's what Will wants, to be a better actor, to improve and develope his skills with every movie he makes (at least lately), so I don't think MIB 3 could help him to reach that, especially when the second part was so bad. Will needs to make movies like 'Seven Pounds' where people can appreciate his skills as an actor.

Edited by Ale

Guest Guest900

Personally, he should focus more on making pics in the future, rather than "showcasing" his talent. We all know he's got talent. But I want him to be in a movie again, not in an "Will Smith pic", where everything is tailor-made for him.

i agree with the guest, everyone has seen hes got talent, i wanna see him to his "Will smith thing" again and im sure a lot of people out there do too. MIB is classic movie and as much as i liked IAL its not a classic.

Otherwise i'll take whatever film comes with him doing a soundtrack song.