JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Notorious

Ale

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it last night. There were a lot of moments where he was clearly over-glorified (

like when he tells Pac to watch who he's hangin with and how he makes all the women in his life happy on the day he died. Also, Puffy isn't that likable

). The problem with movies like this is that they can never be long enough to really tell the person's story. I noticed several parts of his life they skipped over.

Still, there's something about it I liked, perhaps it was because it was a hip hop movie that didn't have crappy songs throughout (see: Hustle & Flow). I knew the material and it was good. Or maybe it was the girly parts... As a biographical movie, there's much better out there, but this is one of the better hip hop related ones (not that there's much competition out there). I think the Pac parts probably needed the most work, but it was a decent movie.

I saw this movie last week and I thought it was dope overall! I think it was definitely put together well, even tho like you mentioned Tiger they skipped over some parts they shoulda had in it. I think it was cool to get a first hand look at his life though. I recommend it to all hip hop fans!