JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MTV'S VMA'S

JumpinJack AJ

Alright, nobody really respects MTV anymore. They play no more music videos even tho' they are called Musica Television, they air incredibly annoying "reality" shows for 12 year olds that feature 18-20 year olds that are very obnoxious. Well, u think that the network would put some effort in2 their only claim 2 fame...the VMA's.

First off, the host. I don't know why this guy is famous or why they chose someone who isn't famous in the US 2 host the show. He waz annoying and unfunny. Everytime i saw him i just wanted 2 cut his hair and punch him in the face. Then, the nominees. U gotta take in consideration the MUSIC and the VIDEO amoungst videos that had SOME SUCCESS. To be honest, i didn't even know who half of the people who were nominated. And alot of the others just aren't very good at what they do. One thing that annoyed me is that every artist was nominated for the same video. Back in the days when artists released 3 or 4 videos for an album, it was common to nominated for 2 or 3 of those videos...not just the same one. And the theme behind the performances were wack. What was it, were they trying 2 shoot a 1 take music video? To be honest, i don't even remember the show cuz it was so bad. T.I. was awful, Lil' Wayne was awful, Kanye (who i kinda respect) was awful, P!nk (who i love) waz blah, Rihanna (who i love) was okay, and Christina Aguilera (who i love) was lipsyncing 2 crappy new music.

The one thing i personally liked was that a handful of the artists thanked God. As a spiritual person, u notice that nobody does it anymore and MTV would be the last place u would expect it. But does that make a show good...no. Britney Spears was my personal favorite part. After being the way she has been the last few years and dropping a crappy album and getting little attention. To see her win anyway, and look great and be smiling at the same event that she bombed at last year was just good 2 see.

I think that unless MTV gets their crap 2gether, this is the last leg of MTV having any connection 2 music that will get people 2 tune in.

I kinda liked Kanye's new joint! different direction, no rapping. I really don't hope he will go on with this, but it's totally alright to experiment a bit.. and this did actually sound kinda cool. rest was pretty bad, yeah.. gotta agree here.

Russel Brand has to grow on you, i really didnt like him at first, i hated his druggy background and the way he dresses, but now i think hes really funny. Ive not watched this yet, i'll catch it hopefully.

I think he's hilarious, it's just that he had to do a pop star pandering act which was mtv friendly...making like the one redeeming component of the vmas unwatchable!

Ok, Since u said that Britney was ur favorite part of the Vmas, I totally lost track of u there.. Rihanna was not even near from ok, and what the heck happened to her hair? Pink was worse yet and Aguilera was not better.. T.I wasnt as bad as the other ones and Kanye was only different, but he wasnt bad at all. The host was annoying and irreverent, sometimes funny, sometimes just a lil bit out of the edge, specially with some of the remarks he made about American Politics. I would take his visa off right away..

The Theme of the VMAS was awful, but the show was not entirely bad, the nominees werent either, and Wayne and the 3 Jonas were cool, even when I think that Wayne should have brought some clothes on, his performance with Keys was cool and everybody liked it..

But Britney and Rihanna... Just Blah..

Russel Brand has to grow on you

I won't give him the chance. I don't think i'll give MTV anymore chances. Anyone else see the show? It seems that alot of my friends saw the show 2 and everyone hates it. The only thing most of them liked was Rihanna's performance and Britney having her stuff 2gether.

I liked some of the commercials leading up to the VMA's with Russell Brand, they were funny, but he was awful during the show. He would make a joke, and then repeat it 8 different ways, it was so annoying. Overall, the show was pretty lackluster. I was disappointed.

I didn't watch the VMAs and haven't watched them in years(I think the last VMA I watched was when Chris Rock hosted). I heard Russell Brand's "joke" about the Jonas Brothers and although I'm not a fan of theirs(hell, I don't even know one song they've made) I was offended by Brand's joke making light of the Jonas Bros. commitment to purity. It was in poor taste and a knock at people who choose to remain virgins until marriage.

I applaud the Jonas Bros. for their faith & I applaud Jordin Sparks for sticking up for them.

BTW AJ, MTV has been dead for at least 7-10 years!!

Edited by TopDawg14

I know, i know. But u know me...always the positive thinker. I rather be disappointed then live my life thinking critical and negative. Since MTV doesn't do their job, isn't it time for a new network to be created where they play music videos most of the day...all genres, all levels of success, all eras, live performances, etc?

I know, i know. But u know me...always the positive thinker. I rather be disappointed then live my life thinking critical and negative. Since MTV doesn't do their job, isn't it time for a new network to be created where they play music videos most of the day...all genres, all levels of success, all eras, live performances, etc?

A network that is actually for the people that actually plays real music? That's like a government who actually works for the people. The job of MTV is to keep young people fascinated by the garbage it plays.

MTV sucks lately...Everytime I change the channel to MTv there's a reality show. Some years ago I used to eat, dinner etc..watchin MTV but now sometimes I even forget it exists. I have to reach in internet to find the new videos.

The 1st VMA's I saw were in 1999 when MTV was still good, now it sucks.

Now they use Britney Spears to get more audience, she never won a moonman and now she wins 3 of 3, and for the best video of the year???

Christina Aguilera, who I love, could've been good but she didn't sing and her playback was horrible!!!

Rihanna, who I like, had a good performance 'coz of her dancers because she sang horrible.

T.I & Rihanna were ok in my opinion, but that begining with the dragostea song kills me, 4 years ago when it was a hit over here I didn't like it either.

Kanye was ok, but different.

The fashion rocks were much better, with great performances. You can see them here:

http://www.thecelebritynetwork.net/